Thread: The Aviary
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Apollo! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Was that her way of admitting guilt? He didn't know for certain, but given Maya's bookworm tendencies, he was almost certain she would never dog-ear a textbook. Apollo just stood there staring at her in disbelief, because it took a certain kind of person to dog-ear a textbook. "Maybe not," He said finally, defeatedly. Because they were her textbooks and he was pretty sure it was best if he didn't know. But he also knew and vowed then that he would never be borrowing a textbook from Aria. "Hmm... so are you .... you're okay with that ... with me interrupting then?" He made some vague hand motions.

And then they somehow were now talking about women and he scrunched up his face. "Demanding isn't the word I'd have used. More like outright confusing!!! Like ... what do they even want??" Actually, he knew what Isabella wanted, but that was what was confusing because he hadn't been sure he ever led her on like that?? And she was like his sister? Like, they watched each other pee when they were like six years old and bathed together. They had this history together. But then there was Maya, who hadn't actually said anything but just the way she looked at him made him almost certain he was expected to do or say something more. But there was this crippling fear of overstepping boundaries and moving things beyond friendship and then ruining a friendship. So maybe staying friends wasn't a bad thing?? But then, if he didn't, then how would he know unless he took that chance and now his thoughts were spiraling all from one little comment about women being demanding. LIKE, Aria hadn't said anything... and surely she didn't know what her dormmates thought about him. Or did she? Girls talked, that much he knew. But he also knew they could be catty and maybe they were alllllll vying for his attention and so they didn't talk about him much at all so as to not upset the other and keep things civil in the dorm? He squinted over at Aria trying to read her expressions and failing. Exercise was a good diversion, yes. "Yes, i do, thanks for noticing. Got to keep in shape for quidditch and to hopefully make a season regular next summer." He nodded, "don't worry. I most certainly will enjoy the birds. I'm just not particularly interested in reading about what spring's upcoming clothing trends will be."

Her words had the impact she had been hoping for: an at least slightly confused Apollo. Aria had recently found that she enjoyed leaving people in a state of confusion. Fun, fun, fun. She said no more on the topic but instead smiled mysteriously again. No doubt Apollo would find out eventually what her textbooks looked like someday during a lesson. “Oh, it’s fine. You’re okay company, anyway.”

Aria tucked both of her feet under her, not interrupting a single thing that Apollo was telling her. She didn’t even interrupt him from his thoughts. At least not immediately because he seemed to be having quite the moment. Oh, if only she could see into his mind! “I have no idea what they want. Heck, some of them don’t even know the answer to that question.” Aria eyed him knowingly. “I’m guessing this has something to do with l-o-v-e.” Crushes, relationships and what not.

“Hoping to play professionally then?” Aria flipped to another page, studying a selection of the latest and most fashionable hats worn by the duchesses of Britain. She snorted very unlady- likely. “When you’ll be needing the perfect suit to wear for formal Quidditch events, you’ll be left floundering about where to get the perfect one from.”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺