View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 03:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Aiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden Lockwood View Post
Aiden looked up at the girl in surprise, then down at his shoes. Did he want to learn? Maybe a little... but it seemed so hard! He really didn't know HOW the other kids did it. He watched them sometimes but whenever he tried it himself it never worked at all. Plus at home, he'd never tied his shoes before. His mum had always done it.

There was a LOT of things the other kids seemed surprised that Aiden didn't know how to do, but Aiden couldn't believe how much the other kids COULD do. Even other ELEVEN year olds knew how to pour their own pitchers of juice and tie their shoes and everything and do LOTS of other stuff that Aiden had never done. He was just used to home when everything got done right for him.

"It's hard..." Aiden said. "I need someone to tie 'em. 'Cause I'm not supposed to go around with my shoes untied but I don't know how. Please...?"he asked, keeping his foot held forward and looking up with pleading eyes. Maybe he was a little scared. Scared that if she tried to teach him he wouldn't be able to do it.

Ash was not particularly inclined to tie the kid's shoelaces. It was the same concept as don't feed the wildlife. It wasn't good for him, plus she didn't want him to come around every time he needed his shoe tied. She didn't have the energy for that, you know. She wasn't even AROUND sometimes, not in a place he'd be able to reach her. So. "That sounds like a reason why you should learn," Ash said softly. "Because that someone is going to need to be you." She munched on her bagel tiredly. If he wanted everything done for him, he was asking the wrong girl. "I can teach you. If you want. I'll even tie one of your shoes if you tie the other one." She wouldn't make him learn, of course. He'd probably have a very easy time getting someone else to tie his shoes. She looked up from her spot on the floor. "Who are you?" In all the times she'd seen him around, she'd always just thought of him as the kid with the teddy bear. But that wasn't really something she'd call him out loud, so... name, please.