View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 09:44 PM   #97 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Main Activyt starts here!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: mini activity responses
Norman roamed the area, walking behind the students as they worked so as not to wander into the path of their spells. Toros and Bixby’s little competition got a small smile from him. Although neither girl had yet produced a net, they were on the right track. “Keep practicing, girls!’ he said.

Elsewhere he saw Hazelwood asking Fox to team up, and the younger Nam and Flamsteed had partnered up too. Nam’s pronunciation and wand work earned an approving nod, though Flamsteed’s jogging got a slight eyebrow raise. Why was he-? Oh. “You shouldn’t be catching anyone,” he reminded the pair. Did they forget that he said not to ensnare other students?

As he made his rounds, Norman saw several students making great progress at the spell. Kynaston, Nichols, and Wolff had each hit a target. “Good work, Kynaston, Nichols, Wolff,” he said, giving each of the three an encouraging smile. Elsewhere he saw Blackthorne succeed in producing nets, if not in aim. “Nice conjuration, Miss Blackthorne,” he said before moving on.

Rivers’s net looked a little wobbly, but the important thing was that she’d produced one. “Great start, Miss Rivers,” Norman said with a slight smile. Connolly also appeared to be on the right track. Had she not sneezed mid-spell, he expected she would’ve fully ensnared that rabbit. “Bless you, Miss Connolly,” he said. “Keep at it!”

Norman watched as Anders and the elder Nam tried and eventually hit their targets. ‘I like your perseverance, Mr. Anders,” he said. “You too, Mr. Nam.” Even the younger students were making great progress. Prescott’s efforts earned an approving smile. A little more intent behind the spell, and she’d have it in no time! “Good start, Miss Prescott,” he said. “All your spell needs is a bit more intent.”

Elsewhere he heard Valentine stumbling through the pronunciation, but before he could step in to correct her, she got it right on her own. “Nice pronunciation, Miss Valentine,” he said.

No sooner had Norman finished his sentence that he saw Branxton take a tumble. Oh dear, Melin! Didn’t he know that the animals weren’t real? Dodging the others’ spells, he made his way to the boy’s side. “Are you alright, Mr. Branxton?” he asked, eyeing him with mild concern. That bloody knee didn’t look good! Perhaps a trip to the healer was in order.

A quick glance at his watch told Norman it was time to move on. “Your attention, please!” he said, holding up a hand for quiet. “You’ll have more time to practice net conjuring later. For now we have another spell to learn, and that is the vines to ropes spell…”

He paused a moment or two to allow time for the students to find a stopping place and focus on him. Everyone paying attention now? Good, moving on… “This is a transformation spell, so you’ll probably have an easier time with it than conjuration but the same principles of concentration and visualization apply. To cast, use the incantation Vinea Funiculus. There’s no fancy wand work involved, just point at your target like so…”

He aimed his wand at one of the vines along the outside of the maze and cast, “Vinea Funiculus!” In an instant, there was a rope dangling where the vine one was. Everybody get that? Just in case, he demonstrated again. “Vinea Funiculus!” Another vine was replaced with a rope.

With a wave of his wand, the spell information appeared on the chalkboard below the one from earlier:

Quote:
Vinea Funiculus
Pronunciation: VIN-e-A FUN-i-cul-US
Wand movement: point at target
Use: turns vines into ropes
After allowing some time for the students to copy that information down, Norman continued, “Soon you’ll be heading into the maze, either solo or in small groups. Inside you’ll find obstacles that can be overcome using Incolcovo, Vinea Funiculus, or some combination of the two. Keep in mind that everything in the maze has been conjured, so you will never be in any real danger!” Did that ease everyone’s fears? He hoped so, but just in case, he added, “But if you’re scared or need help for any reason, send up red sparks and I’ll come to you.”

“You may practice Vinea Funiculus on the vines along the outside of the maze before going in if you like,” he said. See, he wasn’t completely heartless! He wouldn't send the students into the maze until they were confident with the spell. “You have the rest of class for the maze. Let’s get to it!"

OOC: Thank you so much for sticking with me! We’ve made it to the main activity. For this, your student needs to make their way through the maze and defeat as many obstacles as possible in the time allotted using Incarcolvo, Vinea Funiculus, or both. Please DO NOT rp for the obstacles! I’ll be posting them periodically throughout. Partner/group work is allowed and encouraged for this activity. Students may also practice Vinea Funiculus on the vines along the maze before going inside. You’ll have A LITTLE OVER 72 HOURS for this activity!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...