Thread: The Aviary
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

The magazines in her possession currently, though only recently acquired, were old. Meaning, they had been well used and well read before. Aria even suspected a few of them had been in the hands of her Aunt Mae, her namesake. The fourth year’s lips twitched into a wide, mysterious smile. “Maybe some time I’ll let you inspect my textbooks and you’ll determine that.” Why spoil the fun? Because, yes. Sometimes Aria DID dogear her texts. It would be so much fun to see Apollo find this out on his own. Maybe he’d faint or something. “I did expect solitude. To an extent, maybe,’’ she admitted. “But you’re here now so all that expectation just up and flew around like one of these birds.”

Aria started to laugh. Not AT Apollo but rather at his words. “Women can be demanding, yeah? Your comment makes it seem as though you have had some sort of experience.” Then she was laughing again. Was Apollo trying to be funny? Because he was. “I see. By the looks of it, you exercise regularly.” He didn’t want to share her magazines? “Can’t say I never offered you any. Have fun with the birds.” Aria ducked her head back into her magazine.
Was that her way of admitting guilt? He didn't know for certain, but given Maya's bookworm tendencies, he was almost certain she would never dog-ear a textbook. Apollo just stood there staring at her in disbelief, because it took a certain kind of person to dog-ear a textbook. "Maybe not," He said finally, defeatedly. Because they were her textbooks and he was pretty sure it was best if he didn't know. But he also knew and vowed then that he would never be borrowing a textbook from Aria. "Hmm... so are you .... you're okay with that ... with me interrupting then?" He made some vague hand motions.

And then they somehow were now talking about women and he scrunched up his face. "Demanding isn't the word I'd have used. More like outright confusing!!! Like ... what do they even want??" Actually, he knew what Isabella wanted, but that was what was confusing because he hadn't been sure he ever led her on like that?? And she was like his sister? Like, they watched each other pee when they were like six years old and bathed together. They had this history together. But then there was Maya, who hadn't actually said anything but just the way she looked at him made him almost certain he was expected to do or say something more. But there was this crippling fear of overstepping boundaries and moving things beyond friendship and then ruining a friendship. So maybe staying friends wasn't a bad thing?? But then, if he didn't, then how would he know unless he took that chance and now his thoughts were spiraling all from one little comment about women being demanding. LIKE, Aria hadn't said anything... and surely she didn't know what her dormmates thought about him. Or did she? Girls talked, that much he knew. But he also knew they could be catty and maybe they were alllllll vying for his attention and so they didn't talk about him much at all so as to not upset the other and keep things civil in the dorm? He squinted over at Aria trying to read her expressions and failing. Exercise was a good diversion, yes. "Yes, i do, thanks for noticing. Got to keep in shape for quidditch and to hopefully make a season regular next summer." He nodded, "don't worry. I most certainly will enjoy the birds. I'm just not particularly interested in reading about what spring's upcoming clothing trends will be."

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake