Thread: Owlery
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 12:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

"Receiving cards from your loved ones on your birthday is always my favorite part." He grinned at the Slytherin, offering another treat to yet another owl as he'd finished tying one letter to the previous. This fella was a little feistier, nipping at his fingers while trying to get the treat. "If cake was something you wanted, I imagine if you made a stop at the kitchens and the house elves they'd be happy to assist." Sweet, gentle souls that they were. Perhaps even if she didn't seem of too interest to it, he'd stop by and speak with them on her behalf. Maybe that was something they should be doing for all the students, come to think of it.

Another letter being tied to another leg, this owl still coming at his hands. This time he was sure it was just wanting additional treats, but as his hands were busy Cyril could not comply for the moment. The creature would have to wait, and he'd deal with his hands later. "Slytherin common room is something special." Or at least, so he'd heard. He'd yet to have reason to venture to that part of the castle, Hufflepuff having always been his own house. "I certainly have nothing against down in the dungeons either. Hufflepuff we didn't have a spectacular view, but the rooms were cozy and you can't knock the proximity to the kitchens." He chuckled softly.

Hearing Mr. Anders question, the man kept his expression fairly the same, though he was sure the crinkle lessened a little at the corners of his eyes. It had been a good many years since he'd lost his Niamh, but he still found he missed her terribly. "My grandchildren, actually. I have 5, spread out pretty much everywhere. I like to keep as updated in their lives as they'll allow me." Which thankfully, the majority of them seemed more than happy to respond and even visit him when they could. And this year keeping up with Luke was the easiest of all, as he'd not yet graduated. "Every parent does. I imagine you like to hear from them as well? Nothing like a nice letter to ease some of the homesickness."

It had managed to work for him as a boy.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start