View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
littledhampir

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Well, Victoria definitely thought he should try again and be persistent. That was how she eventually got her own brother to answer her. “I think you should ask again. And keep asking until he says to stop it…or he agrees. Just be annoying until he has to make a choice,” she chuckled a little in a mischievous manner.

She listened intently, though, and she thought about how it would feel in his shoes. V knew she had an issue with empathizing with people, and so she had been trying to do a little more of it lately. It was something her brother said he did, and so…you know, she wanted to be nice like him some day. It was totally a work in progress! “Wow. Did it feel weird knowing that they could do magic, but you couldn’t? Did you feel like…left out at all? And how do your parents feel about magic now? Do they…..feel left out?” and what a coincidence that all of Alfie’s father’s kids could do magic…and the previous wife had been magic but Alfie’s mum wasn’t. It was just weird!
"Okay, okay, I'll ask again," he promised. "Maybe you could help me figure out exactly what I should write." He should also probably figure out when the next Hogsmeade weekend actually was so he could include the specifics.

Alfie considered her question about the magic. "I guess it was a little weird, but also...not completely? I think because I was young when they came to live with us. And also because I didn't know them before that. I think it might have been different if I'd grown up with siblings and then they got magic and I didn't. I probably would have been more jealous. But with them it was like... they just showed up and it was just a thing about them, I guess?" He wasn't sure how helpful of an explanation that was for V. He was sort of trying to figure it out himself as he was explaining it. "I'm not sure how my parents feel, I haven't really asked them. They don't seem jealous or anything."