View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
littledhampir

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
“Where does he work?” Asked V curiously. She rolled off the bean bag to grab one of the muggle board games. It wasn’t that she wanted to play any, but she wanted to take out the little pieces to have something to do with her hands. “I’m gonna write to him,” she said simply with a nod. “I’ll ask him FOR you!”

It was honestly such a good idea, how could he NOT like it?!

“I kinda have another question though. I was just thinking about it a minute ago, but like…what was it like? To hear about magic for the first time. Was it very overwhelming? Did you cry? Were you in disbelief? Did you need proof?” She had more questions, but she had already fired so many at him, she thought she would give him a chance to answer those first.
"The ministry," Alfie answered. "I don't know exactly what. He said it was secret." Someone else could probably piece together what department his brother worked in, but Alfie wasn't very familiar with the Ministry of Magic so he just sort of assumed that everything was secretive. And he hadn't asked further. He watched as V went to get a game, and frowned slightly as he pondered her idea. "I don't know.... I don't know if he'd like that. Maybe I should just ask him again." If someone was going to, he was sure his brother would prefer to just hear from him again.

"Well...it was sort of weird for me. Because of my siblings. So I sort of found out about magic when they moved in with us. But it was very... removed? Like I sort of knew they could do magic but that my parents couldn't and I couldn't. And they weren't allowed to do it outside of school so I just sort of knew about it in theory." He paused, remembering when he first got his Hogwarts letter and experienced things for himself the first time. "And then I found out I was magic too, and it was suddenly very real. And all these things existed that I had never known about, and it was definitely very overwhelming. Still is sometimes."