View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 04:38 PM   #139 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default Main Activity Folks!
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

He chuckled at Delilah’s explanation and then Jasper’s add on about Portrait B. “Yeah, he’s certainly an acquired taste…” he offered with a smile. He then turned back to the class and eagerly listened to those who offered their opinions on the portraits. The students that remained silent earned a nod and smile. Alright. The group was ready.

And with a flick of his wand, he revealed the four portraits of the Hogwarts Founders. From A to D, they were Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff, and Godric Gryffindor. “Excellent guesses, History Detectives! Congratulations to those who guessed correctly. If you didn’t, no worries. It’s all learning. There will be more activities like this in future classes.” Ah! And before moving on, he ought to thank their gracious guests. “And thanks to our guests for appearing and hearing our questions.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

The lesson must continue, onwards we go!

Simon addressed the class. “We’ve met the Founders of Hogwarts and we know the Founders’ reasons for starting Hogwarts from your assigned reading…” He paced a little as he spoke before standing and delivering his request. “Now I’d like you to put yourselves in their shoes. How would you create a Wizarding School? Please break up into groups of three and four to develop your ideal Wizarding Schools.

What would your school motto be? What are the three to four houses and what would the ideal quality of students be in each house? Please draw upon our Wizarding Schools for reference. More Wizarding schools are detailed in your textbook. You may use this for inspiration if need be. I will give you thirty minutes to brainstorm and then thirty minutes to collaborate and prepare a presentation. When an hour is up, I will ask you to present your Wizarding School to the class.

And with that, the timer was set!

SPOILER!!: OOC instructions!
OOC:Feel free to continue guessing in your post if I’ve posted before you character got to share their guesses. I’m going to move us along to the Main Activity.

You have four days to complete this before I’ll move the lesson on.

You heard Simon, it’s time to create and design your ideal Wizarding School. Please form groups of three to four and develop your Wizarding School. This includes name, location, motto, and houses. Each Rper will be one of the founders and heads of houses. At the end of the time, you will need to present your Wizarding School to the rest of the class.

To receive full points you must show your character brainstorming, discussing, and presenting. This can be in separate posts or all together in one! I DO ENCOURAGE collaboration and group RPS- makes the lesson super entertaining It’s been so much fun watching your characters in this lesson!