View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 02:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
littledhampir

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Victoria hadn’t forgotten he was a muggleborn, no, but she hadn’t considered his perspective. Home, he had said. She supposed that that made sense. Alfie’s life had probably changed so much when he found out about magic, especially since he hadn’t known about magic beforehand. And before now, V hadn’t taken into account how overwhelming that must have been for him. She made a mental note to ask him about that after she told him about her brother.

Because she really couldn’t wait to tell him! “Oh, Alfie! He likes me! He invited me over this summer to stay a weekend with him. We have been exchanging letters ever since last fall, as you know, and…after I went to see him at his dads’ snidget sanctuary, we kind of…we kind of clicked. A little. He’s so kind, an has the best red hair. And he speaks all soft, and he’s so graceful. We look alike, sort of. We’re both super skinny…bony,” she shifted uncomfortably as she said it aloud. It made her feel better to know that her body type wasn’t alone, that her older brother was just as lanky as she was. She could tell Roman and Regina would be built the same way, too, so she blamed their shared parent - their mother - on that. “And he is just…a lot different than me. He’s patient. I wish I were more like him,” she said with a yearning siiiiiiiigh.

“Have you heard from yours?” She asked gently, a little afraid to ask, but too nosy to NOT do so.
Alfie listened with rapt attention as V told him about her brother. Was he jealous? No, of course not. Except okay maybe he was a little. But really he was excited for her that she got to hang out with her brother. "That sounds so fun! I'm glad you got to hang out with him! And that he was nice and that he likes you!" He tried to imagine what he looked like based on her description. Skinny, lanky, bony, and red hair. His mental image produced some sort of readheaded slenderman, which probably wasn't exactly it but he was rolling with it.

He nodded in response to the question she posed to him. "I have. We've written a few times. But I haven't visited him or anything. I don't know. I get the feeling that he doesn't necessarily want to see me but doesn't want to outright say so...so I haven't really pushed."