View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
"Because in here I'm not constantly surrounded by magic things that I only found out about two years ago," he explained. He hadn't really interpreted her tone as being too judgey. Alfie tended to give people the benefit of the doubt. She had maybe forgotten that he was muggleborn, and he didn't mind explaining it. He was quite proud of that fact. "It feels more like home in here sometimes." Not that he didn't think magic was super cool and he didn't love being at Hogwarts, but it could get a bit overwhelming at times.

Alfie was about to ask what had happened over the summer when she was already starting to answer the question. And he was very interested. He sat up straighter, giving her all his attention. "What happened with your brother? Tell me everything!" Older brothers who didn't talk to them was one thing they had bonded over.
Victoria hadn’t forgotten he was a muggleborn, no, but she hadn’t considered his perspective. Home, he had said. She supposed that that made sense. Alfie’s life had probably changed so much when he found out about magic, especially since he hadn’t known about magic beforehand. And before now, V hadn’t taken into account how overwhelming that must have been for him. She made a mental note to ask him about that after she told him about her brother.

Because she really couldn’t wait to tell him! “Oh, Alfie! He likes me! He invited me over this summer to stay a weekend with him. We have been exchanging letters ever since last fall, as you know, and…after I went to see him at his dads’ snidget sanctuary, we kind of…we kind of clicked. A little. He’s so kind, an has the best red hair. And he speaks all soft, and he’s so graceful. We look alike, sort of. We’re both super skinny…bony,” she shifted uncomfortably as she said it aloud. It made her feel better to know that her body type wasn’t alone, that her older brother was just as lanky as she was. She could tell Roman and Regina would be built the same way, too, so she blamed their shared parent - their mother - on that. “And he is just…a lot different than me. He’s patient. I wish I were more like him,” she said with a yearning siiiiiiiigh.

“Have you heard from yours?” She asked gently, a little afraid to ask, but too nosy to NOT do so.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin