Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 04:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Maybe Evan forgot that Jude was what Muggles would call an empath. It really was easy for him to look at someone’s face and figure out their emotions, yes, but sometimes it went beyond that. Sometimes it was a vibe, a feeling that he got off from the individual that told him what they were feeling. Evan needn’t go unnecessarily blaming himself for showing emotions.

Did Jude’s face register brief surprise? Because he was surprised. Having already gotten used to the Ravenclaw being oblivious to his feelings, he actually doubted that Evan would even figure it out. Then again, the CD pretty much spelled it all out. The surprise was registered by apprehension. Already Jude knew that his feelings were unreciprocated but what did it mean for their friendship? “Not ‘liked’. Like. And as in more than a friend.” There was no point in denying it now.

The fourth year truly did not blame Evan. He had put up with all the talk about the date and Evan’s confused feelings and what not until he couldn’t really anymore. Everyone had a limit to everything, after all. Jude shrugged. “Because you guys probably look good together. And you guys get along well.” Cue another shrug. “Just like you and I will always be.” There. He had saved Evan from admitting that all he wanted was friendship.

It was what it was.
He probably never would have connected it or thought more on it if it had not been for the CD. Other than the specific words being written on it, it could not have been any clearer what the message was intended. Though... Jude's reaction made it seem like it entering Evan's possession had not been a part of the plan. The Ravenclaw briefly wondered who would have been the culprit then, but he didn't have to wonder long when a certain Gryffindor red head's face popped into his head.

Reagan. Naturally.

The clarification on tense made the Ravenclaw turn a little red in the cheeks, but he was appreciative of how direct the Hufflepuff was being. It was uncomfortable because he couldn't give Jude what he wanted right now, or any indication that he might be able to in the future since he was not in the habit of making false promises. "Like. Right. So that's why you were avoiding me?"

Look good together? Evan wasn't sure how people usually determined that about two people who hung out, but it seemed common so he just accepted that response. "We do get along. But not in a romantic way, it seems. Which is okay, because we both talked about it and agreed." No hard feelings for things not working out, and they'd both been upfront from the get go there was no solid emotions on either side. The last sentence was not missed by him, and while he appreciated Jude giving him an easy out and not having to say anything specific.. he still wanted to grant him the same open sincerity as the Hufflepuff had. "I don't think I'm in a place to like anyone right now. I'm sorry." It was not a promise of future, because he had no idea, and it was nothing about Jude himself. It was probably time to try to figure out how to like himself first, or else his self pity and dislike would just make him unhealthy to be around.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start