Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 11:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: "my sweet, delusional friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Jude could tell that something was off about Evan but he completely chalked it up to it being this particular situation. Of course, he knew Evan had quite a few issues locked away but never had he imagined they had come back to haunt the Ravenclaw with a vengeance. Had he known, he’d want to help his… friend… through it all.

The Hufflepuff nodded. He knew it wasn’t the CD but it had been worth the attempt to feign innocence. There was hardly the point to continue doing so now, however. “So… so that means you’ve figured it out then?” Evan could be quite oblivious to certain things, Jude knew but Evan wasn’t stupid. The cat was out of the bag and Jude felt even more crushed because he knew the Ravenclaw already rejected him.

But Jude surprised himself. Maybe it was because he already knew what was coming. Or maybe he just wanted Evan to be happy. Or maybe he wanted to do better for himself. Whatever the reason, the Hufflepuff braced himself for whatever was to come. He would handle it and he would handle it well. He just needed to ensure all of his usual self confidence was intact. “You didn’t know. How could you? I didn’t have the courage to say anything.” His already thudding heart jumped at the last six words. “Nothing? You mean…?”

Did this mean there was hope for him after all?

The Ravenclaw was very much not pleased with all the emotions he was currently showing, but he'd found lately with so much piled up he was unable to keep it as under the surface as he had in years previous. It was like suitcase filled to the brim with one's belongings, but the moment you opened it and moved one.. there was no zipping it shut once again.

Did that mean he'd figured it out? Well, he supposed that was a clarification to the question he hadn't yet asked. But because the Ravenclaw really only dealt in directs, he was asking it anyways. "That depends. Did the CD meant you liked me?" If so, then yes. He'd figured it. But no, he couldn't offer anything on his own feelings. As it stood now, he did not have romantic feelings for the Hufflepuff. But he didn't have romantic feelings for anyone, and he wasn't entirely uncertain that that was just because there was so much swirling around in him that he didn't have time for that.

"I didn't, but that doesn't still really excuse that it happened." Because even if Jude had told him, wouldn't the outcome of him being hurt have happened the same? Perhaps he wouldn't have talked about his confusion or his embarrassment following the main event, but the love potion HAD happened in the Great Hall and he wouldn't have been able to have hid that. "I don't know why everyone had seemed to think Val and I were an item already, but we established we're just good friends."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start