View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 08:04 AM   #61 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Sorry about her! xD
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: Catch-up
Desiree was all smiles for History of Magic. This class was interesting for two reasons. It was her mum’s old subject, and Professor Holden looked a bit like Prince Eric. DId he know? She’d greeted the man with a smile and a slight wave upon arrival. Then her bright blue eyes landed on the covered objects. What was under there? Whatever it was, it was loud. “Hello under there!” she said to the talking… thing. Because it was rude to ignore someone (or something) that talked!

As she took a seat beside Summer, she noticed the parchment on the desk. Word search? Boo! All those letters so close together made her brain go O________O But she’d do it anyway because the professor said so. She pulled out her fanciest purple quill and began to search for the words hidden among the jumble of letters. She was still working when the lesson began, so she put down her quill and looked to Professor Holden. Blink, blink. How was she supposed to know what the lesson was about? He was the professor here. Wasn’t he supposed to tell them?

She looked at the word search again. There were a lot of Hogwarts words and a few Ilvermorny words and - OOH! She nearly squealed out loud as she saw Beauxbatons in the word search. That was her dad’s old school!!! Were they learning about Beauxbatons today? Probably not. Everybody was talking about school founders, so it was probably that. What else could she say? Her dad told her that Hogwarts professors like it when students don’t repeat answers, but -

Wait, that was it! Desiree suddenly remembered something else her dad said, and her hand went up. “Are we learning about competitions between wizarding schools?” she asked. “Hogwarts and Beauxbatons have competed in Triwizard Tournaments, and I’m pretty sure there was once a competition between Hogwarts and Ilvermorny.” Her dad told her all about it, but she couldn’t remember the name!

Desiree’s face fell as she heard the real subject of the lesson. So she’d been wrong about the competition aspect, but they were talking about wizarding schools. That could still be fun, she guessed. Her mood brightened considerably when she saw Beauxbatons listed on the board. She knew alllll about Beauxbatons! Her dad told her about it.

Desiree was going to share that Beauxbatons had a choir of wood nymphs that sang to the students during meals because it sounded so fancy! They should have that here at Hogwarts! Ooh, they could teach the nymphs to sing Disney songs! How fun would that be? But before she could get too distracted by the idea of nymphs singing Disney songs, she heard an older student (Cooper) mention Beauxbatons.

Not to be outdone, she took her answer in a more serious direction. “The other two Beauxbatons houses are Ombrelune and Papillonlisse,” she said after raising her hand. “Ombrelune’s symbol is a navy moon, and its students are supposed to be smart, logical, and not very open with their emotions. Papillonlisse was my dad’s old house, so that one is my favorite!” Whoops, did she just say that out loud? “Their symbol is a purple butterfly, and the students are said to be kind, idealistic, and good at the arts.”

Yep, that definitely sounded like her dad! As she finished that sentence, she momentarily wondered if she would’ve been in Papillonlisse too if she’d gone to Beauxbatons. Never mind, she supposed it didn’t matter, but how awesome would that have been?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...