Thread: Library
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 04:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
iBeJenn

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

His thoughts briefly wandered to Quinn and their reaction to the ladybug origami he had first given them all the way back in their first year. Maya's response, the physical visual cues, were similar and it was a nice little dose of validation. Her verbal praise even better. "Thanks...mum had me get into it when I was little...for my restless hands." Helped him stop deconstructing things in the house at least. "Kind of turned into a sort of prerequisite to metal charming and robotics too...since you got to think about how one fold will impact the whole final product and requires a certain precision too." Which, in a round about way, confirmed her question too - since the whole purpose of it had been to calm and focus him - and brought a little smile to his face.

They could talk about origami some more, by the way. That was much better a topic...ESPECIALLY considering how pressed Maya seemed to be when he explained the purpose of the book and the way. It was almost the confirmation he needed that this was STUPID. Which meant that he was turning the book back over to hide the cover and certainly would NOT be taking the other one out of the bag either.

"Well, yes and no," he replied, feeling the need to qualify a bit because Maya really seemed to be missing the point that Lisa had been stressing with him the most. "Specifically she wants me to learn about how to find your one true love as a result of it." Which was apparently related to kissing frogs, but that piece of information felt unnecessary to share at the moment.
Maya nodded along as he talked about origami. Her own mind was wandering quite a bit, in a reel as she focused on the pink book that Atlas held and his relationship with her younger sister. It just wasn't one of those things that she could let slide. Maya almost felt faint as she pictured the two snogging.

OOOOOOH MERLIN.
That was not something she wanted in her brain.

"But... if she wants to teach you about kissing to find true love... don't you have to test it out... by kissing?" What was Lisa doing telling people about kissing to find true love anyways? Was Lisa not kissing just one person but multiple? Maya would have to find Evan immediately and ask - right after this conversation. She would have to gather as much information as possible. The normally calm Slytherin was spiraling. "So..." Maya paused and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath in.

One... two... three.

And exhale. "So are you two... testing it out on each other?" She forced it out, resisting the urge to run back to her dorm and scream into a pillow. "The kissing to find true love? Has she kissed a lot of people already?"

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...