Thread: Laundry Room
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
Gideon resisted the urge to say drawl that, no, in fact, he could not repair the garment. Because of course he could fix it. He offered. If he wasn't inclined to help, he wouldn't help. Hmm. The fifth year had the sneaking suspicion this snotty, weepy girl was a Gryffindor. He was learning quickly the difference between houses.

Instead, he tempered his own sassy remark for something more understanding. Because he knew what it was like to have nice clothes ruined by magic. The pain was uniquely sharp. He was still in mourning for a fantastic pair of slacks that were lost to time and a shotty charm.

When she started to rant about things he definitely did not need help doing, or at least would not trust weepy leotard girl to do, he let her run her mouth until she was quiet. And then, pointed out, "I didn't ask for anything."

There was a visible moment of hesitation when the boy concluded simply that he had not asked for anything. For what seemed like the longest time, Emmerson Cambridge didn't know what to do with that. She would have wanted something for it. Half of Slytherin would have wanted something for it. Interestingly enough, most of her friends wouldn't have, but they were another story and infinitely too good for their own good.

"Huh." When she finally spoke, that was all that came out. Did anyone walk around the castle doing things for free anymore? Was that an actual thing?

First years, maybe. Merlin knew they were eager enough to just be allowed around places. This one ,however, was not a first year.

"Alright." Emmerson extended the ripped leotard to him. "Alright, yeah, thanks I guess." The skepticism in her eyes was going nowhere, not because she doubted he could fix it--she didn't know one way or another--but she was still trying to make sense of this undercover Hufflepuff.

"You some kind of muggle studies expert?"

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.