Thread: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 11:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
SweetPeea

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Christianna Rivers
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadine Rivers
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Bellefleur
♡ A heart full of Love l ☾ A night bright as Day l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Moose View Post
There was big of a struggle in carrying Christianna out. Luckily at this point in where he was in backing up if she made him topple over he would fall onto the dry ground and not into the cold lake water. Making them freeze even further. "Oh, C-come off it A-already, Christy." He put her down at this point. If she was going to just run back into the water at this point, Moose would NOT go back in after her. He'd done his good deed for the day. "I am in fact a-an excellent swimmer." He got down on his rear and leaned forward rubbing his hands on his shins to create heat where he was submerged in while in the lake. Then he took his wand out and just cast the Hot Air Charm to quickly warm them up. "A Moose could actually dive as deep as 6 meters underwater, and swim as far as 16 Kilometers." Yes, he knew he was not actually a Moose, it was just his nickname. Given to him from friends before Hogwarts. But did you know that Moose could be comedians too?

He looked at her with his wand out. The offer to warm her legs same as he did himself was unspoken but he gave her this look of 'I'd do it for you too, you stubborn fool.' "Was it though? Walking into a Cold Lake is completely airheaded. You're lucky I was here to stop you from making poorer decisions." Wouldn't put it past her to just start swimming despite the cold temperature because she had to prove to herself that the water wasn't actually as cold as she thought it would be. Again the look to air off her feet stood. She could do it too for herself if she wanted. That choice was a fine one he wouldn't stop her from making.
AS you can imagine, she did squirm and wiggle when he'd initially picked her up to carry her out of the lake, but since it would appear that wasn't getting her anywhere because of his strong hold on her while he backed them out of the cold waters, her objections would switch to just being verbal until he'd placed her back down on the ground. Immediately crossing her arms out of anger with him at first, but quickly switched to wrapping her arms around her body again because she was cold, but the fifteen year old stubbornly still tried not to give off any indication that she was cold to prove her point to him. "Well, w-whose to say that I'm not a better swimmer, you n-never know what secrets s-skills I've obtained over the years!" Christianna then rolled her eyes as he went on to tell her about his random moose fact in regards to swimming, even though that was pretty cool to learn how deep they could dive.

Her gaze fixated on him as he looked at her with his wand out, hearing him offer to warm her legs for her as he'd already done for himself. Still obviously upset with him, Christianna quickly shook her head out of pure stubbornness again before feeling a cold breeze hit her already shivering legs causing her whole body to shiver. Through gritted teeth she caved before asking, "..Please.." Giving him the approval to warm her legs with his offer. Though any progress of her being less angry with him quickly went away when she narrowed her eyes at him after hearing his rude statement to her, "No one asked you to go in there after me you know, I had everything handled.." If he was so inclined to prove to her how cold the water was, why did he go in to get her like that?

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!