Thread: Laundry Room
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 10:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
pundantic

MO
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gideon Emerson
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"Eeee!!! You can????" The tears that moments ago threatened to flood their banks receded like a puddle in the heat of noon. Green eyes shun with delight as she took in this Gideon guy. He could fix her leotard, he could, he was a Slytherin, but he hadn't immediately started asking for a price.

Of course, Emmerson knew better.

Slowly, Emm lowered the fabric onto her lap, her eyes now appraising her present company. "Emmerson." She provided simply, giving him the 'ole up and down. "What d'you want for it? I'm not good at Herbology or Arithmancy so you can forget any help there. I don't write essays for anyone else, either. You shouldn't accept anything I've cooked, so you'll have to pick carefully."

Gideon resisted the urge to say drawl that, no, in fact, he could not repair the garment. Because of course he could fix it. He offered. If he wasn't inclined to help, he wouldn't help. Hmm. The fifth year had the sneaking suspicion this snotty, weepy girl was a Gryffindor. He was learning quickly the difference between houses.

Instead, he tempered his own sassy remark for something more understanding. Because he knew what it was like to have nice clothes ruined by magic. The pain was uniquely sharp. He was still in mourning for a fantastic pair of slacks that were lost to time and a shotty charm.

When she started to rant about things he definitely did not need help doing, or at least would not trust weepy leotard girl to do, he let her run her mouth until she was quiet. And then, pointed out, "I didn't ask for anything."