Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 06:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
MunchyBubbles

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
"But, I'd still like to meet them." Bram said with a smile. He knew anyone that she considered a friend had to be a good person because she had lost so many friends already that couldn't handle being a real friend. So the ones that stuck around...had to be good.

"Exactly. The kid gloves. I'd rather have a real moment and talk about it than pretend it didn't happen. People would rather avoid it all together so they don't upset you, or have to have an uncomfortable conversation. It's just...maddening." He said through gritted teeth. He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Bram's anger ran close to the surface these days. The worst part of the grieving process was the unbearable amount of anger...at everything.

He gently traced his thumb in different patterns over her hand. That was definitely a good distraction for him...plus the feel of her skin under his thumb was really soft and comforting. "It's really beautiful. You'd love the city too. It's really old and has amazing architecture and lots of shopping and amazing food everywhere." He grinned, Edinburgh was one of his places to go and walk around. He scrunched his nose at her repeating his words. "Sorry, but it's true. Our experiences, tragic and wonderful, are what makes us who we are. You have been through so much...and your still here trying to be happy and trying to live a normal life. There are so many that would have given up already. You haven't. Be proud of that." He said, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

He nodded, "Agreed, completely. But it gets easier especially if you keep trying. It's a process. We'll get there." He gave her a small smile and a wink. He loved having these real and open conversations with her. He had never had a friendship like this before, and he hoped it stayed this way.

His small smile grew into a large grin at that twinkle she had in her eye. They were very good at making each other blush. It almost felt like a competition...who could make the other redder than a stop sign? "Well, I think you win today. I am pretty sure I look like a lobster." He said with a chuckle.

“Okay, then you shall meet one, the one I’m closest too, Tavvy, he doesn’t go here, he goes to Beaux.. But Ash is pretty cool, so I’ll introduce you to her. ” That was the bottom of her friends barrel. Sure there was Lisa and Maya, but things still felt tenuous with Maya. Ahh well, she didn’t matter to most people now and she knew that. But Bram was different and Sol was determined to keep this friendship and not run.

“I don’t think people know how to handle it.. or even comprehend how it feels, unless they lose someone too. They have their lives and they don’t know how to handle tragedy.. so it’s awkward and they avoid it. ” She said softly as she twisted her fingers a bit. She squeezed his hand as he spoke and nodded. “Its very maddening.. ” She could understand the anger, her grief never manifested as anger.. but she had had a few brief instances of it.

She smiled softly as he traced random patterns on her hand, it definitely calmed her down from the heaviness of what they were talking about before. “I’d love to see it, it sounds amazing.. I’ve never been to Scotland before. France, America and England of course.. but never Scotland. ” She said as she looked up at him, “I’m trying to be proud.. honestly I’ll be proud if I don’t run away this year. ” She said softly as he pushed her hair behind her ear and she smiled at him.. “Thank you,, for understanding.. I always try to… be better for people, and it’s nice not having to do it with you. ” She said as she squeezed his hand again.

“Yes! We will get there! It’s a process, it’s not linear.. and we will keep fighting. ” She said with a soft smile, only to laugh again as he spoke.

“A very cute lobster though. ” She said as she tilted her head and looked at him.