Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 05:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Solana smiled softly as Bram spoke and she dipped her head a little. ”Well I don’t have many, but.. ” And the one she was closest to didn’t even go here! But she could maybe take him to meet Tavvy, Ever and K this summer? Goodness.. two months in and she already wanted to introduce him to the “family” .

“Yeah, it really sucks doesn’t it? When all you want to do is feel somewhat normal, but everyone is treating you with kid gloves like you might fall apart..” She hated that part.. Any normality she had shattered a long time ago.. and now she was just on a search for her “new normal.”

She liked the movement of his thumb, it was calming and yet not all at the same time. It was a fun feeling, one she hadn’t felt for quite awhile.. “I would love to see it, it sounds so beautiful. ” She said as she closed her eyes and tried to picture what he had described. Hopefully one day she’d be able to see it in person. She scoffed slightly at his words, but tilted her head at him. “And that’s what makes you special. ” She was very broken, but he still saw some good in her.. she appreciated that.

“Healing is the worst, especially when it happens slower than you want.. or when you feel good one day and the next, the sky is falling.” She sighed softly, she was learning how to be patient with herself but it was a long process!

She was grateful he didn’t comment on what she had said.. but the next one made her face flame even more.. “I think we are.. ” She said as she glanced up at him, her stormy eyes twinkling a bit..
"But, I'd still like to meet them." Bram said with a smile. He knew anyone that she considered a friend had to be a good person because she had lost so many friends already that couldn't handle being a real friend. So the ones that stuck around...had to be good.

"Exactly. The kid gloves. I'd rather have a real moment and talk about it than pretend it didn't happen. People would rather avoid it all together so they don't upset you, or have to have an uncomfortable conversation. It's just...maddening." He said through gritted teeth. He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Bram's anger ran close to the surface these days. The worst part of the grieving process was the unbearable amount of anger...at everything.

He gently traced his thumb in different patterns over her hand. That was definitely a good distraction for him...plus the feel of her skin under his thumb was really soft and comforting. "It's really beautiful. You'd love the city too. It's really old and has amazing architecture and lots of shopping and amazing food everywhere." He grinned, Edinburgh was one of his places to go and walk around. He scrunched his nose at her repeating his words. "Sorry, but it's true. Our experiences, tragic and wonderful, are what makes us who we are. You have been through so much...and your still here trying to be happy and trying to live a normal life. There are so many that would have given up already. You haven't. Be proud of that." He said, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

He nodded, "Agreed, completely. But it gets easier especially if you keep trying. It's a process. We'll get there." He gave her a small smile and a wink. He loved having these real and open conversations with her. He had never had a friendship like this before, and he hoped it stayed this way.

His small smile grew into a large grin at that twinkle she had in her eye. They were very good at making each other blush. It almost felt like a competition...who could make the other redder than a stop sign? "Well, I think you win today. I am pretty sure I look like a lobster." He said with a chuckle.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.