Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
MunchyBubbles

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Bram looked up and gave her a quick grin before reaching over and giving her left ear lobe a gentle pinch. "They are quite lovely and do listen pretty well." She really did. He hadn't had a friend he could talk to as freely as he could with her. She just understood so much about how he was feeling. Her situation was far worse than his would ever be, but she always knew the right thing to say. He smiled giving her a small chuckle at that next statement, noting the redness on her cheeks. "You are an amazing friend, I must admit," He winked. "I really would be okay if you were my only friend, but it would definitely be nice to have more. It's just a lot when you have grown up with the same twenty-five faces and none of them are here." He gave her small smile.

He looked over at her, and could tell he hit a hard spot for her. He felt bad now because he knew she could never go back to her own home. He put his hand over hers, trying to comfort her, and thought about home. "Well, we live just outside Edinburgh in a wizarding village in a three bedroom cottage. It's lush and green and there are tons of forests to walk through. Which is likely what I would be doing, searching for magical plants for healing potions for me mum. I'd also likely be leading the bairns through and showing them what plants are good for potions. Then we would go through our regular classes with the other parents that teach us." He smiled thinking about his little sister running through a field to catch up because she saw a butterfly. "I would definitely be missing you though." He said with a wink.

He chuckled, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "Okay...maybe not quite happy. But I do like the sound of hopeful and healing. We both could use a bit of that." Everything was still so fresh. Hopefully and healing was for sure something he could do.

"Exactly!" He said punching the air before laughing. She could always make him feel better when he was down, or overwhelmed.

Was it warmer in here or was it just him? "Handsome, eh? Wait till you hear me Gaelic, you wont know what hit ya." He said waggling his eyebrows before cracking up laughing.

Yep. Almost a tomato like color now.
A soft giggle came from Sol's mouth as Bram tugged on her ear, "I've never had anyone compliment my ears before! But they do listen well." She said as she tried to shake off the flush that was attempting to creep its way up her cheeks. It was nice talking to Bram, he understood her. He was one of the few people who actually did. He knew what loss was like.. and though he didn't lose his entire family in one fell swoop like she did.. He did lose some, and his way of life. It was refreshing not to have to hide things and pretend she was fine.. He knew. And she didn't feel so alone with him around.

"Well as incredible as I am." She was very clearly teasing here.. "We Will try to find you more, I can introduce you to a few of my friends..I don't have many either.. after you suffer a hardship, you find most people leave you, cause you are too hard to be around." She tried not to be bitter.. but it leaked through, just a bit.

She felt his hand on hers, and gave him a grateful smile as she squeezed it gently. She didn't have to say anything.. He knew. She closed her eyes and listened to what his home life was like. "It sounds amazing, I can understand the homesickness.." She replied softly as she opened her eyes. "Well, I mean, there is no one there with abandonment issues and runs away from all her problems is there?" She said with a soft laugh as she ran a hand through her hair..

"We could both use a bit of that.. Hope and Healing." She needed some of that in her life now.. Even with her new "parents" she wasn't feeling very hopeful. They were nice.. but.. they were barely older than she was. One more year.. and then she could strike out on her own.

She laughed as he punched the air, her arms crossed over her middle as she tried not to double over.

Though apparently this was turning into a blush party, as he turned red and his next words made her turn red.

"Well, be careful unless you want me falling for you." She said teasingly, as she put a hand on her cheek, it was so warm..

"Merlin, are the cooling charms not working in here or what?"