Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 10:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
It was the sad smile that really got to her.. she knew that look all to well, she wore it herself often. It perhaps pained Solana even more than others because she knew the emotions behind it as well.. their bonding over the summer had helped her so much.. it helped keep her grounded. And kept her from running. “Well I have some great ears, and they are always here for you. ” She said with a soft smile. “Well I am an amazing friend.. ” She teased him softly. “But I’m sure we can find you more than just me.” she said softly and blushed a bit at his grin and wink. Merlin! That was dangerous!

Her smile faded as he looked at his hands and said he was homesick, that hit her right in the gut.. she too had been homesick for years, but she couldn’t go home ever again. She swallowed the tears threatening to well up and instead looked down at him. “It happens to the best of us. ” she replied softly “Tell me about your home, what would you be doing if you were there? Besides missing my company?” cue her own cheeky grin to try and lighten the mood a bit.

“Happy eh? Shooting for the stars aren’t we?” She teased him. “I don’t know about happy, but hopeful.. and healing is what I would call it.” She’d had brief moments of lightness, like just a few weeks ago at Disneyworld with Everest, Tavvy and K.. but happy. Her memories still seemed to haunt her to much for that.

“Yes, hopeful together! It’s not happy, but it’s trying. ”

Her face instantly grew warm at his next words and she nervously rubbed the back of her neck.. “So says the handsome guy with the killer accent sitting across from me. ” she wrinkled her nose at him playfully as he stuck his tongue out at her.

Yes..it was very warm in here!
Bram looked up and gave her a quick grin before reaching over and giving her left ear lobe a gentle pinch. "They are quite lovely and do listen pretty well." She really did. He hadn't had a friend he could talk to as freely as he could with her. She just understood so much about how he was feeling. Her situation was far worse than his would ever be, but she always knew the right thing to say. He smiled giving her a small chuckle at that next statement, noting the redness on her cheeks. "You are an amazing friend, I must admit," He winked. "I really would be okay if you were my only friend, but it would definitely be nice to have more. It's just a lot when you have grown up with the same twenty-five faces and none of them are here." He gave her small smile.

He looked over at her, and could tell he hit a hard spot for her. He felt bad now because he knew she could never go back to her own home. He put his hand over hers, trying to comfort her, and thought about home. "Well, we live just outside Edinburgh in a wizarding village in a three bedroom cottage. It's lush and green and there are tons of forests to walk through. Which is likely what I would be doing, searching for magical plants for healing potions for me mum. I'd also likely be leading the bairns through and showing them what plants are good for potions. Then we would go through our regular classes with the other parents that teach us." He smiled thinking about his little sister running through a field to catch up because she saw a butterfly. "I would definitely be missing you though." He said with a wink.

He chuckled, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "Okay...maybe not quite happy. But I do like the sound of hopeful and healing. We both could use a bit of that." Everything was still so fresh. Hopefully and healing was for sure something he could do.

"Exactly!" He said punching the air before laughing. She could always make him feel better when he was down, or overwhelmed.

Was it warmer in here or was it just him? "Handsome, eh? Wait till you hear me Gaelic, you wont know what hit ya." He said waggling his eyebrows before cracking up laughing.

Yep. Almost a tomato like color now.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.