View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 02:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deezerz

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

The Great Hall was IMMENSE. SO HUGE. SO LIT.

Sure, the young Perseus Baltazar comes from money and is familiar with fancy cavernous places. Some larger and more luxurious than the Great Hall, but in Percy's mind, there is only one Hogwarts and...

...it's Hogwarts.

The small boy bounced to the front when his name was called. Plopping his bum on the stool, he reminded himself to remain still as the Sorting Hat was placed on his head. There was a bit of silence, and during that silence, his eyes drifted towards the yellow and black table.

"Ah," the Sorting Hat sighed. "Hufflepuff, eh?"

Percy's eyebrows rose as he tried to peek upwards. The Hat didn't startle him. In fact, it reminded him of one of his grandfathers.

"I'm not your grandfather," the Hat responded. Percy murmured a small apology.

"My entire family is in Slytherin," he whispered. "They're hopeful I'll be sorted there too." He paused and frowned a little. "In fact, they didn't even ask me what I wanted. They just assumed. What if I don't want to be in Slytherin?" The young wizard stroked his chin. "What if I want to go a different route? But what if they disown me? They wouldn't do that, would they?"

"Hmmm--"

"I would still love them even if they landed Ravenclaw," Percy interrupted, deep in thought. "What matters is what's in my heart, right? Not--"

"HUFFLEPUFF!!!" the Sorting Hat shouted before the kid could keep going about his family.

Percy on the other hand didn't feel he had finished explaining his troubles to the Hat, but it has spoken. He was officially a Hufflepuff.

Yipeeeeee! Generational independence!

With that in mind, he hopped off the stool and made his way towards the Hufflepuff table.