Thread: Lair of Despair
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 04:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Bain Goldwasser
N O T● S O ● M I S S I N G ● P E R S O N
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

His fire spell bounced off the back wall of the room, splashing sparks of fire around the space like a firework. He was distracted from watching the redirection of the fire by the feeling of something tugging on his wand. He tightened his grip on it as another spell bounced off his shield charm which sparked, showing it had weakened significantly.

Bain felt absolutely no effect from the Human-presence-revealing Spell. He wasn’t human after all. The yapping and the noise in the room might have masked the noise outside in the corridor, but he scented that more people had arrived, blocked by the rubble behind him. There were some familiar secnts there too - Upstead, Primeaux, and Ferguson to name a few. Clearly Carter’s patronus has delivered its news. Very well, playtime was over. One sent, however, drove him to distraction - Grimm. His mouth watered slightly remembering how tasty she had been. Too bad he hadn’t finished her off when he had the chance!

Distracted by the smells, Brody’s jinx slipped through his shield. He shook his head violently like a wounded animal just as Carter’s Sectumsempra slashed at his arm. He moved, but the spell caught him enough to pull a loud yowl from the vampire that shook the walls. He pulled his wand hand back and waved it as though snapping a whip. A long thin flame flew from the tip lashing out first towards Carter and then towards Brody.