Thread: Mysteries: Death Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
"Have you been feeling well? Sensitivity to sunlight? Aversion to running water?" His voice softening, two fingers pressed against the scars on Jane's neck.
Jane was momentarily startled when her suddenly colleague touched her neck, but then relaxed as she realized that this was part of some sort of diagnosis. "No, I don't believe so," she answered. Though, truth be told, she hadn't seen much sunlight lately, preoccupied as she'd been with recreating the putrefaction experiment that had been ruined when she was delayed by her...unfortunate incident. But she no longer felt the severe depression she'd fallen into before the attack--a normal side-effect of the experiment. No, in fact, since her recovery, she'd felt refreshed and renewed--perhaps the near-death experience had taken the place of the inner darkness.

"And you're definitely right about the darkness--it came before the attack, because I remember trying to see what was in the room with me and failing to." Jane didn't really want to dwell on the attack much, it would inhibit her work, but she'd felt she ought to share wha

Last edited by MadAlice; 09-30-2023 at 04:16 AM. Reason: fix color coding
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote