Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 05:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
“I’ll think about it,” she replied with a smile as her mind wandered to the many different creatures they sold, pausing and some whilst skipping others all together. All in all, a pet that could come with her to Hogwarts was the option that she figured would be the best because she wouldn’t want to be in the same situation as her sister Thess and Spook, her fox. “I don’t know if I could pick a favourite but I have always had a soft spot for crups. I know that’s a bit basic but they’re always so cute when they come in. Like little cruppies.” Her smile was wide now and her gaze almost in a trance as her mind flashed back to the last batch of cruppies that came into the shop. Oh how she’d been on the cusp of asking her father to keep one. “What about you? Do you prefer feline creatures or is there something else that you’d love?” People always seemed to say dragons or phoenixes but she never really saw the draw. They were flashy and cool but not as a pet which was always the end goal for her. As for his next question, she replied easily without giving it a second thought. “Just caring for the creatures. They have their own personalities and they’re like people almost and kind of being close…it makes it hard to say goodbye because we kind of have to sell them but it’s still a nice feeling.”

The runes around the castle were interesting but it was never quite enough for her to really spend a lot of times drawing. She preferred patterns, something that nature provided for her. “Well there’s enough of them around the castle so you’re not going to run out anytime soon. Have you find any really interesting ones?” There must have been some that not many people had found. Hogwarts always seemed to have a lot of secrets although she herself had never really found any. Or looked. Creatures however were more her thing. “Oooo, which ones have you tried to sketch so far. I’ve really been trying to catch the unicorns on the edge of the forest but they don’t really come close to the edge,”.

It was a little embarrassing to admit out loud but not in a terrible, hide your face in the sand way. No. Hide your face in the sand was reserved for showing her ideas in front of everyone. Talking in front of everyone. Fine. Acting even…wasn’t a massive stretch. Showing her ideas? No thank you, even though if she wanted to continue with this outside of Hogwarts, she’d have to, eventually. “Maybe in the future,” she agreed, looking up now from the cold, hard ground. “Around you going to share yours? Y’know, your tattoo ideas or runes? Turn into some kind of tattoo artist or something?” She looked him up and down for a moment and almost laughed as she imagined him head to toe, covered in tattoos.
He nodded at that, giving a small smile back in response to hers. He even gave a small chuckle when she mentioned crups were her favorite, not because he thought that was something basic but because she did. He remembered feeling like people though he was on the basic side as well, given the fact his favorite were kittens which was very mundane. But they were so cute, and Padme had proven to be the perfect companion for him. He did loathe the idea of next term though where free time with the animal would be less and less. Perhaps Maya and Lisa would be willing to spend time with her. Or Jude, as he had offered before. "I'm sure some would say it's basic, but I don't think it's bad to just... know your favorite and fawn especially over those." And cruppies WERE pretty darn cute. "It's cats for me." Not even so much kneazles, though they were still pretty. "We do have other animals at home though, like a dog and a chameleon, but the cats have always been my favorite." So if she were basic, he was even more so. If he were to pick magical animals though... Jarvey's were pretty interesting. He tended to avoid Fwoopers though. "That sounds like it'd be really fun. Goodbye would definitely be difficult but... at least you know they're going to a home." Or somewhere they'd be well cared for.

Hopefully.

There were SO many runes around the castle. He'd been surprised. "The ones in the courtyard are interesting. If you stare at it hard enough you can find patterns to them, but... I still haven't figured out what it means." Probably because he was rubbish with Runes, which was why he'd dropped the class this term. Which ones? He flushed a bit, realizing how predictable his answer probably was. "The Kneazles. I've spent a good amount of time with them. Claudine introduced me to this really regal looking one, President." And he'd been a very willing model during his doodle sessions outdoors. "The unicorns would be amazing though. It's too bad we can't venture even a little further into the forest." He understood why, but disappointment could still exist.

Was he going to share his? Evan truly didn't have a problem sharing his, but considering he knew his skill level was not up to par to most artists he had no goals of using it for a career. Maybe art therapy like he'd talked about with friends before, but perhaps not still. It all depended on if he wanted to explore his interest in muggle Psychology or if he wanted to pursue a magical career with creatures. It was all... very up in the air for him. "I don't think I'd ever actually be good enough to sell any of my pieces, or put something forever on another persons body. But I don't mind showing people my artwork, and I have tried doodling my own pieces to use the tattoo charm on for my skin." He was sure people didn't think tattoos seemed like a very Evan Nam type of aesthetic, but truthfully... he loved them and fully planned on getting his first once he'd turned 17. Though thankfully he had time to figure out what he wanted before then.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start