Thread: Mysteries: Thought Chamber
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Jane + Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Jane turned at the sound of another voice and found another colleague, Lauren Vance-Rose, had entered the chamber. Jane smiled and nodded to the other woman, murmuring "I'm quite well, thank you," in answer to her question. Well, Jane was as well as someone who'd been attached by something or someone and spent a half year in hospital. Of course, that was some months ago, but sometimes Jane still felt a little weak. She had more to say to Laurel, but first things first, so she turned back to Adam. She paused to clear her throat slightly and then added, "Is it quite wise to stand so close to that enclosure?" Because he'd looked about ready to give the Encephalon an embrace, from where Jane had been looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He gave Jane a big smile when she agreed to stop calling him Mister and then looked off towards the entrance where Laurel had appeared. He'd of course, smelled her perfume or shampoo or whatever she used because he had always been too polite to ask - before he saw her. Yes his eyesight had improved steadily over the past few years, but it was always going to be bad. "Hallo Laurel," he said cheerily. "Kan nicht complain...You?"

"Vell, Lofe potions uff kourse... undt mein eyesight korrection potions. If you need space, I am sure zere kan be some made." He placed one finger on the glass and then turned towards the ladies. " Reil undt I are old friends. He once spent a monzz in mein body. So long as you keep away from ze liqfid you are fine."

It was relief to hear that Jane had recovered well after what she had been through last year. Laurel had heard about her colleague being attacked and had been a little worried about Jane's wellfare. Turning her blue eyes to Adam she smiled. "I've been good. I've finally gotten Aaron to do more cooking and cleaning around the house." Her husband wasn't an expert cook and she did find some peculiar messes sometimes, but Aaron at least tried. "How is Zita and the kids?" Laurel wondered as Jane questioned the wiseness of Adam's standing so close to the encephalon tank which she silently echoed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post

Looking back at Laurel, she nodded politely again. [b]"And what have you been working on this year?" she asked the other woman. Jane felt rather out of the loop this year after missing so much work when she was ill.
Adam of course tried to persuade them that it was safe to stand so close to the tank even though an encephalon had taken over his brain. Laurel shook her head and took several steps forwards as she pleaded with her friend. "Please remove your fingers from the tank Adam. It's not certain that all the encephalon inhabitants in the tank are as 'nice' as Reil. I don't want you to get hurt." Her friend had the habit of getting himself and her into trouble and if he didn't take his fingers away then maybe he'd be there again. Turning her gaze to Jane she responded. "I've been working on a new system for analyzing and recording prophecies that will be quicker, more reliable and safer." They had found orb's with cracks lately that Laurel wanted to prevent from happening since prophecies were valuable.