Thread: Mysteries: Thought Chamber
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane continued to look doubtfully at the Encephalon, feeling that Adam was perhaps placing too much trust in it. Especially since, as she'd just learned, it had apparently taken over his brain once in the past. Maybe it was just an "old friend," but maybe it wanted another go at the man. But she couldn't very well order him about like a child, so she held her peace, for now.

"Well, not right away, but I think I might be ready to brew in the Love Chamber again some time early next year, if my current experiment continues to go well." And if she didn't wind up unexpectedly spending half a year in hospital again. "What I'm doing now is best suited for the Death Chamber, but the next stage involves the combination of the products, in a sort of chemical marriage, you understand. And the atmosphere of death will have a dampening effect on it, you see. But I thought the Love Chamber was just the place." As long as that place wasn't too close to Adam's work--she still remembered losing part of an experiment to one of his explosions. But after last year, that seemed a minor event.

If Adam had dared tell Jane about his experiments, she might have had some ideas for him, because she had been involved with such work years ago in Europe with her mentor. But he said nothing, and she wouldn't think to ask.

Looking back at Laurel, she nodded politely again. [b]"And what have you been working on this year?" she asked the other woman. Jane felt rather out of the loop this year after missing so much work when she was ill.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote