View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Still absentmindedly twirling his ring, Norman ventured a glance at Nam. His aquamarine eyes studied the boy’s face for a moment, as if trying to read his mind. Had he known what he was thinking in that moment, he would’ve been impressed with the young Ravenclaw’s capacity for insight and empathy, but he was no legilimens. All he could do was guess. His eyes flicked toward the outward-facing photo, and a thought occurred to him.

“I expect you’re curious about that photo,” he said. Merlin’s beard, what was he doing? He must be out of his mind! Before he could talk himself out of it, he pressed on, “All you need to know is that she was my wife; she died a long time ago…” He had no idea why he’d said that! He hardly ever talked about his past when prompted, let alone volunteering that information. After all this time, it seemed the battle-hardened ex- MACUSA auror was going soft.

His slightly wistful expression turned to a smile at the sight of the chocolate, and he suddenly had to stifle a chuckle. “Sorry,” he said, lest the boy should think he was laughing at him. “It’s just that reminded me of something.” Or someone, in this case. That candy gift seemed exactly like something his daughter would do! She was always giving him candy to cheer him up. Until now, he thought that was just a Normandie thing, but maybe it was a teenager thing? “Thank you, Mr. Nam,” he said, still smiling, “for the chocolate and the well wishes.”
Momentarily lost in thought, Evan hadn't even noticed he was being studied. Besides, his eyes had also again drifted to the photo on the Professor's desk. He was even more surprised when he heard Professor Carton commenting on it. Losing someone so precious... he could only imagine that was what made this time so difficult for his head of house. Evan thought about asking if he had any other family, but decided against it, instead settling on - "You looked very happy together. And she's very pretty." He could have offered condolences for his loss, but he thought that sounded like empty words in these situations, so he opted against.

Glancing at his Professor after chocolate had been presented, Evan just smiled in return and shook his head at the apology. He didn't mind, even if the Professor had been laughing at him. "It's alright, sir." Having established really what he had come to do, Evan stood from his seat in order to make his way back towards the door. "You're welcome, Professor. I'll see you in the next Transfiguration lesson."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start