Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 04:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
"It's been my favorite part of the term. So I would certainly recommend it." But he supposed it also depending on what type of animals she liked and if faculty would approve it if it was outside of the three mains. He'd been lucky enough to just like cats so he hadn't had to consider it. "Do you have a favorite type of creature?" Whether something she could bring with her or not - Evan was interested based on the fact he loved speaking about creatures in general. He'd been about to suggest going to the Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley if she did want one, because the shopkeeper there had been so helpful and patient with himself and Jude when they'd ran into each other there, but he stopped himself as she mentioned her family actually owned one. Which.. he hadn't not known, but that was really cool. "That sounds really awesome! What's your favorite part of the work?" Actually, that seemed a silly question, because he figured she also got to spend a lot of time with the creatures and that certainly would have been his were he in a similar position.

Art had been immensely helpful in him working through things in his own head, so he was also glad he'd started and that Ash had encouraged him. Something he was very thankful for, though he wasn't sure he'd told her that yet. "Well, actually I started with just trying to sketch out all the runes around the castle grounds. There's an awful lot of them." But he was rubbish at Runes so that had soon lost it's charm based on the fact studying them had actually been near impossible after. A fact he did not relish. "But I've started trying to sketch some of the creatures around the grounds. Or sometimes some tattoo type design." Merely for the fun of it all. He was not good -- at least he didn't think he was -- but his friends had been kind in their remarks. Granted, he figured they were also biased though.

...He eyed her curiously at her reaction to his question, brow furrowing a bit as he wondered if that was something he should not have been asking about. But as she spoke more... he did kind of get it. His friends on one on one bases were find to show his sketchbook too. But would he pull it out in class to show a group of his peers? The likelihood was no. Even with their more artsy craft projects, he'd chosen to do things that were easy and took very little skill or effort so that he didn't have to open himself up to any type of ridicule. While he imagined Ingrid was good at what she did - he also knew that didn't always help with putting people at ease. "That's understandable. It is a lot of exposure, and if you weren't ready for it yet - you weren't. I'm sure there will be other opportunities in the future."

Headmaster Trent did like the drama club, after all.
“I’ll think about it,” she replied with a smile as her mind wandered to the many different creatures they sold, pausing and some whilst skipping others all together. All in all, a pet that could come with her to Hogwarts was the option that she figured would be the best because she wouldn’t want to be in the same situation as her sister Thess and Spook, her fox. “I don’t know if I could pick a favourite but I have always had a soft spot for crups. I know that’s a bit basic but they’re always so cute when they come in. Like little cruppies.” Her smile was wide now and her gaze almost in a trance as her mind flashed back to the last batch of cruppies that came into the shop. Oh how she’d been on the cusp of asking her father to keep one. “What about you? Do you prefer feline creatures or is there something else that you’d love?” People always seemed to say dragons or phoenixes but she never really saw the draw. They were flashy and cool but not as a pet which was always the end goal for her. As for his next question, she replied easily without giving it a second thought. “Just caring for the creatures. They have their own personalities and they’re like people almost and kind of being close…it makes it hard to say goodbye because we kind of have to sell them but it’s still a nice feeling.”

The runes around the castle were interesting but it was never quite enough for her to really spend a lot of times drawing. She preferred patterns, something that nature provided for her. “Well there’s enough of them around the castle so you’re not going to run out anytime soon. Have you find any really interesting ones?” There must have been some that not many people had found. Hogwarts always seemed to have a lot of secrets although she herself had never really found any. Or looked. Creatures however were more her thing. “Oooo, which ones have you tried to sketch so far. I’ve really been trying to catch the unicorns on the edge of the forest but they don’t really come close to the edge,”.

It was a little embarrassing to admit out loud but not in a terrible, hide your face in the sand way. No. Hide your face in the sand was reserved for showing her ideas in front of everyone. Talking in front of everyone. Fine. Acting even…wasn’t a massive stretch. Showing her ideas? No thank you, even though if she wanted to continue with this outside of Hogwarts, she’d have to, eventually. “Maybe in the future,” she agreed, looking up now from the cold, hard ground. “Around you going to share yours? Y’know, your tattoo ideas or runes? Turn into some kind of tattoo artist or something?” She looked him up and down for a moment and almost laughed as she imagined him head to toe, covered in tattoos.