Thread: Mysteries: Thought Chamber
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He pulled his hand away from the glass and the Encephalon seemed to get a little upset. He turned towards Jane. "Call mich Ah-dam, bitte." Being called Mr. Gerulf made him feel old and lately he was already feeling his age. His father had told him having a child would make him feel young. Mostly Micha just made him feel tired. And sore... "Vhat can I do fur you?"
Jane nodded and said, "Adam, then." She would have been surprised to learn that being called by his surname made her colleague feel old--in fact, Jane thought she was rather older than he was. But she liked to keep up a certain degree of manners in the workplace; maybe it was from all that teaching of manners to the youngest Blackthorne when she was her governess."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Shuddering slightly the blond prophecy maven entered the chamber and spotted Adam standing way too close to the encephalon tanks to her liking and Jane. "Hello Adam and Jane!" Laurel greeted with a warm smile. Moving a little closer she asked "How have you both been?" Right now Adam didn't seem to have a hand on the tanks so Laurel chose for now, not to say anything about his place of standing.
Jane turned at the sound of another voice and found another colleague, Lauren Vance-Rose, had entered the chamber. Jane smiled and nodded to the other woman, murmuring "I'm quite well, thank you," in answer to her question. Well, Jane was as well as someone who'd been attached by something or someone and spent a half year in hospital. Of course, that was some months ago, but sometimes Jane still felt a little weak. She had more to say to Laurel, but first things first, so she turned back to Adam.

"I came to ask you about what potions experiments you were planning for next year in the Love Chamber. I have something I might be wanting to work on there and I wanted to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything else going on." Next year might be too early for some to plan, but not for Jane. She paused to clear her throat slightly and then added, "Is it quite wise to stand so close to that enclosure?" Because he'd looked about ready to give the Encephalon an embrace, from where Jane had been looking.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote