View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 01:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Prompts #1 & Violet
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: prompts
Text Cut: Yoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel was used to small explosions or being sent flying through the air whenever he was practising a spell. This was also one of the reasons why he prefered to practice alone with no one around. Sometimes, nothing would happen but most times his wand seemed to want to do its own thing. The wandmaker had already warned him about it but if he was given this wand it meant he was able to control it.

He wasn't oblivious to the heads turning his way and while he kept staring at the ground, focusing on the spell, his cheeks turned a light tint of pink. Or was this because of the cold? No one would ever find out.

Choosing to ignore everyone and not make eye contact, Daniel was about to try again when the voice of the professor caused him to stop his wand movement. "......I'm fine" he answered curtly before briefly looking up at him. Without another word, the Hufflepuff waved his wand again. He focused on his intent to conjure a pile of firewood, visualized it appearing before him on the ground and waved his wand in an X shape. "Focalia"

Another piece of firewood appeared, falling on top of the other one. He wished he could make more than one at a time. "Focalia!" he said again, a little firmer now and watched as a few wood blocks appeared. This had to be sufficient enough.

Daniel turned back around after setting the pile of wood on fire to listen to the Professor again as he continued the class. His dark brown eyes watched as the man performed a new spell and transfigured his scarf into a blanket. As the fiery red letters appeared midair, Daniel stooped down to open his bag and took his pen and notebook and began to copy what was written before snapping it back shut and dropping the notebook back in his bag.

Considering his explosion earlier, Daniel thought it was best to practice the new spell before going out to rescue the illusions of people. He walked up to the box at the Professor's feet just as a piece of fabric flew past him. The Hufflepuff looked back to see it flying towards Noah and he felt jealous all of the sudden because accio was a spell he did not have under control yet. He looked inside the box and grabbed the first fabric that he saw. A dull grey fabric.

Walking back to his small pile of firewood, Daniel held the piece of fabric in front of him and moved his wand in the shape of a curly q "Vestis Vellus" he said. Nothing changed so he tried again. "Vestis Vellus" again, nothing. "Vestis Vellus" this time the piece of fabric began to change into a woollen blanket but stopped halfway so now he was holding half and half in his hand. The second-year sighed in frustration before reverting the spell (he was good at this one seeing as he spend the majority of the year practising spells) to its original state.

After another few attempts, he had finally managed to transfigure the fabric completely into a blanket wrapped it around himself. Pocketing his wand back in his wrist holster, Daniel left the area without a word in search for the 'illusioned people'

Up ahead you'll notice a cave. A group of stranded hikers are huddled in a circle near the opening, wrapped in blankets and sleeping bags. A pile of discarded food wrappers sits in the middle of the circle. The group leader attempts to ignite the wrappers by rubbing a pair of sticks together; nothing happens. As the leader tries again, the hikers begin to complain loudly. Looks like they could use some help!

Text Cut: Nam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Evan was quite glad he'd managed to already have his fire lit by the time the main activity came along, as a little extra time to practice the blanket spell would be preferred. He generally liked to have a go at the pronounciation and wand movements, separate prior to first cast, just to prevent any initial hiccups. So once instructions were given out, he took a moment before collecting his fabric squares - moving his wand in the curly q motion. Once that started to feel second nature, he muttered the incantation a bit under his breath - "Vestis Vellus!”

After a bit 5 minutes of switching between those two practice activities, he opted to head towards the front and grab a handful of the fabric squares - putting a couple in his pocket while he focused on one for his first attempt. He pictured a black and red checkered wool blanket and put all his might into thinking on that, before raising his wand into the curly q and speaking, "Vestis Vellus!” The first go on this one he was rather proud of. It could have offered to be thicker, but there were no holes and it did seem the normal shape of a blanket.

So calling that a win.

From there, the Ravenclaw decided to jump right into the activity. He considered briefly trying to partner up - but there'd been so many partner activities as of late he opted to try going it alone this time around. If someone chose to approach him, he wouldn't turn them away - he just did not feel it necessary to seek out a partner. But it was necessary to seek out the illusions, so Evan moved along to explore the scape of the not so classroom classroom. He bundled his outer wear a little tighter as he did so, before spotting a small group of what appeared to be people ahead.

Classmates or one of the parties to be rescued? That was the question.

The path ahead is interrupted by an icy mountain stream cutting across it. The stream is completely frozen over except for a large break in the ice downstream. Screams ring out, and if you look in that direction, you'll see two people thrashing about in the water. They struggle but eventually manage to free themselves from the stream. Both wet and shivering, they stagger onto an embankment, and the man puts a protective arm around the woman, who is already beginning to show signs of hypothermia.

Text Cut: Nichols
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Vestis Vellus. Valentina practiced saying the incantation out loud a few times, accompanying it with the appropriate wand movement too. She collected the fabric squares from the front of the classroom and set them down. Pulling out her wand, she pointed at one, picturing an orange wool blanket. Orange being her favourite colour, obviously. "Vestis Vellus!" She casted the spell along with the curly q wand movement - and there it was!! WOW. She picked the bright orange blanket up for a moment, looking rather pleased. Moving on to the activity now -

Setting it back down, she roamed around the classroom slowly, hoping to encounter the illusions soon. This was actually a fun activity!! A lot more fun than she had expected, anyway.

The orange glow of a campfire burns in the distance. As you approach, you'll find a family of five sitting on logs around the fire: mother, father, brother, sister, and baby. The mother holds the baby while the father stokes the fire. Although the fire burns brightly, the two older children huddle together, shivering. The baby begins to wail, and even the mother stifles a shiver. It seems that the fire isn't enough!

Text Cut: Fox & Blaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Did everyone hear that? CLAUDINE WAS ASKING TO BE PARTNERED UP WITH HER. They were the best siblings ever. The best. “Of course I’ll be your partner.” She grinned and retrieved a few pieces of fabric. “Vestis Vellus. Vestis Vellus. Vestis Vellus. And... yeah. There was a nice warm blue wool blanket, the exact same shade as her scarf. But not MADE of her scarf, because her scarf was too special to transfigure.

“Let’s go save some imaginary people! I bet I could make a fire if they needed it, maybe. But I still like making blankets better.” Or, well, she wanted to like it better.

“I think I see some people over there. It’s hard to tell though.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Of course, of course.

Aside from Heath, Ash was the best Ravenclaw.

“Look at you. Nice work there.” Claudine, or anyone else, would have to be silly not to be in awe of Ash’s work. Silly Claudine was not. With their practice out of the way, she turned to look in the direction her partner was indicating. “Why don’t we go see then?” And she set off. “You know… if you really want to create the fire, you can. I mean, I’ll be right there. Carton’s around. So are a bunch of others. We’ll help out if something goes wrong.” The Snakette wanted Ash to regain her confidence about casting fires; here’s to hoping she came off as encouraging.

Up ahead you'll notice a cave. A group of stranded hikers are huddled in a circle near the opening, wrapped in blankets and sleeping bags. A pile of discarded food wrappers sits in the middle of the circle. The group leader attempts to ignite the wrappers by rubbing a pair of sticks together; nothing happens. As the leader tries again, the hikers begin to complain loudly. Looks like they could use some help!

Norman's aquamarine eyes scanned the area, watching the students disperse. He saw Yoon, Nam, and Nichols head out. Blaze and Fox weren't far behind either, and it appeared that Blackthorne and Mordaunt might pair up. It was then that he noticed Blackthorne's hand in the air. "No, you don't have to use a cloth object to transfigure a blanket," he replied with a slight shake of his head. "Generally, the closer an object is to its final form, the easier it is to transform, so cloth is easier but you can use that spell on anything."

OOC: Sorry for the shortness & weird formatting... had to do this post from my phone! You still have ABOUT 36 HOURS for this activity.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...