View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 11:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Atlas and Kinsay and Phoebe, oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

"You need smaller things first," Atlas offered in suggestion to the Slytherin going for the big pieces first while he knelt down and scooped up some bits of straw and other tiny sticks in his immediate area. "The kindle. Then use those bigger ones in a crisscross pattern."
"Oh, I was going to put the kindling in the middle," Violet responded, thinking to herself that she had already been laying out her larger wood in a square pattern. But--okay, should the kindling go underneath it, then? So be it, since Atlas seemed to know what he was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post

Phoebe dropped down next to the firepit and examined the set-up. "I'm joining you two. And if we're supposed to start a magical fire, do you suppose that means the gathering should be magical too? Like summon the sticks to us?" She demonstrated by Accioing some twigs with a non-verbal flick of her wand.
If Phoebe thought she was going to start bossing them around like little kids again, she could think again, Violet thought. Ever since she'd turned seventeen at the beginning of the year, she'd felt less inclined to let older students tell her what to do. Unless, of course, they knew what to do (which at the moment seemed to be Atlas).

And accio'ing the firewood? That was just showing off. "Well, then, in that case, maybe we should just transfigure the firewood. Focalia!" Violet added, sweeping her wand in an "X" over some loose grass and transfiguring them into a couple of smaller sticks. Okay, now she was just showing off, she thought to herself a second later. "But I don't think the point of this class is fire-kindling, so maybe we should just get on with it," she added, blushing slightly at herself and casting a quick fire charm (oh yes, she was quite good at those now) onto their pile when it was finished, smiling at Atlas for his skill in arranging the wood.

And now she realized that while she was preoccupied with petty things, the class had gone on. Pests? "Cornish pixies can be dreadful pests, they get into everything and are very destructive," she offered when it was her turn. She remembered the summer when her Uncle Hamlet had brought a few home from a summer trip and then not fastened their cage carefully enough.

Last edited by MadAlice; 11-16-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: add subject line