Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 01:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
“That’s nice. I enjoy exploring too honestly. Maybe I need to actually get my own. I walk enough around the grounds to have one,” pausing for a moment to actually consider what type of creature she’d actually want. She wasn’t really a cat person, per say, but then again, she’d never been allowed to get close to one either because they were always being sold. Coming back out of her stupor, she nodded and smiled “We have our own magical creature menagerie. It’s a loooot of work and it has its ups and downs but I like it,” no matter how many times she has to muck out all of the creatures or sell one that she tried to sneak away. She forgot sometimes how very little her house mates knew about her. She’d done her best to avoid all of the school drama for so long that she’d seemed to have avoided…well…everyone, almost.

Eying the plant some more, noting the little patterns and the way the veins on the leaves protruded in some places more than others, she couldn’t help but smile at the little thing. Maybe she’d come back and make a rubbing of the design in her book. “It’s cool that you’ve started though. What do you enjoy drawing? Or doodling?” She simply couldn’t resist looking at art no matter how mundane or basic it may be, not that she was saying his was of course.

Hearing his question set off a series of events in Ingrid as she eyed him for a moment. First, the blush. Then the reactionary look down before finally, the look away and mumble quickly. “I thought about it. Even turned up for the auditions but I guess…” Pausing for a moment before she continued “Sometimes, I get a little embarrassed about sharing my ideas. With one or two people, I’m usually fine but the idea of something of mine being put on show for the whole school…no thank you.” Backing out after agreeing to do something wasn’t something that she took lightly or something that was easy to do for her because she could be stubborn when she wanted to be but the idea simply did not agree with her, much to her own, and her father’s dismay.
"It's been my favorite part of the term. So I would certainly recommend it." But he supposed it also depending on what type of animals she liked and if faculty would approve it if it was outside of the three mains. He'd been lucky enough to just like cats so he hadn't had to consider it. "Do you have a favorite type of creature?" Whether something she could bring with her or not - Evan was interested based on the fact he loved speaking about creatures in general. He'd been about to suggest going to the Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley if she did want one, because the shopkeeper there had been so helpful and patient with himself and Jude when they'd ran into each other there, but he stopped himself as she mentioned her family actually owned one. Which.. he hadn't not known, but that was really cool. "That sounds really awesome! What's your favorite part of the work?" Actually, that seemed a silly question, because he figured she also got to spend a lot of time with the creatures and that certainly would have been his were he in a similar position.

Art had been immensely helpful in him working through things in his own head, so he was also glad he'd started and that Ash had encouraged him. Something he was very thankful for, though he wasn't sure he'd told her that yet. "Well, actually I started with just trying to sketch out all the runes around the castle grounds. There's an awful lot of them." But he was rubbish at Runes so that had soon lost it's charm based on the fact studying them had actually been near impossible after. A fact he did not relish. "But I've started trying to sketch some of the creatures around the grounds. Or sometimes some tattoo type design." Merely for the fun of it all. He was not good -- at least he didn't think he was -- but his friends had been kind in their remarks. Granted, he figured they were also biased though.

...He eyed her curiously at her reaction to his question, brow furrowing a bit as he wondered if that was something he should not have been asking about. But as she spoke more... he did kind of get it. His friends on one on one bases were find to show his sketchbook too. But would he pull it out in class to show a group of his peers? The likelihood was no. Even with their more artsy craft projects, he'd chosen to do things that were easy and took very little skill or effort so that he didn't have to open himself up to any type of ridicule. While he imagined Ingrid was good at what she did - he also knew that didn't always help with putting people at ease. "That's understandable. It is a lot of exposure, and if you weren't ready for it yet - you weren't. I'm sure there will be other opportunities in the future."

Headmaster Trent did like the drama club, after all.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start