Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 04:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
His previous experiences with cats had been primarily Jinx, who was chubby and far preferred to laze around on the back of the sofa or in his cat bed rather than show any interest in any form of activity, especially walks with one of his humans. The pups on the other hand? Having an Australian shepherd had certainly insured plenty of walks. Pascal was forever a game of hide and seek. Though none of those had been his pets, Pads was the first who was his. "It is. She's my first pet and I only got her over the summer. But having to add the walks to my schedule and getting to explore more with her has been really nice. I feel like I've seen more of the grounds this term than I ever had before." Hearing she got to be around a lot of creatures regardless though certainly peaked his interest, an eyebrow raised a bit as he decided to go ahead and ask. "That sounds like a nice set up. Does someone in your family work at a shop or the zoo or something?"

He followed the head nod, looking towards the plants she had pointed out and pausing to look at them as well. It was nice to see such a mundane looking plant still out and surviving on Hogwarts grounds. It gave some hope. "I've only just started trying to doodle so... I guess I haven't really stopped to look yet. But you're right. Even just the pattern of the veins in these leaves." He squatted for a second to look at it better, petting the cat as she came over as well. Hearing her mention her interest in design, he stood back up and glanced back over towards her, walking again. "Design? Did you assist with the designs as well then last term for the play?" He knew there had been a lot of opportunity for that as well, though he hadn't noticed who went where outside of his own grouping.
“That’s nice. I enjoy exploring too honestly. Maybe I need to actually get my own. I walk enough around the grounds to have one,” pausing for a moment to actually consider what type of creature she’d actually want. She wasn’t really a cat person, per say, but then again, she’d never been allowed to get close to one either because they were always being sold. Coming back out of her stupor, she nodded and smiled “We have our own magical creature menagerie. It’s a loooot of work and it has its ups and downs but I like it,” no matter how many times she has to muck out all of the creatures or sell one that she tried to sneak away. She forgot sometimes how very little her house mates knew about her. She’d done her best to avoid all of the school drama for so long that she’d seemed to have avoided…well…everyone, almost.

Eying the plant some more, noting the little patterns and the way the veins on the leaves protruded in some places more than others, she couldn’t help but smile at the little thing. Maybe she’d come back and make a rubbing of the design in her book. “It’s cool that you’ve started though. What do you enjoy drawing? Or doodling?” She simply couldn’t resist looking at art no matter how mundane or basic it may be, not that she was saying his was of course.

Hearing his question set off a series of events in Ingrid as she eyed him for a moment. First, the blush. Then the reactionary look down before finally, the look away and mumble quickly. “I thought about it. Even turned up for the auditions but I guess…” Pausing for a moment before she continued “Sometimes, I get a little embarrassed about sharing my ideas. With one or two people, I’m usually fine but the idea of something of mine being put on show for the whole school…no thank you.” Backing out after agreeing to do something wasn’t something that she took lightly or something that was easy to do for her because she could be stubborn when she wanted to be but the idea simply did not agree with her, much to her own, and her father’s dismay.