Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Ingrid knew better than most that cats too enjoyed going for a walk, although it was more common in dogs than most. Cats to her always seemed so independent. A creature that enjoyed their freedom to roam and move amongst the bushes without anyone the wiser. Evan’s cat however was slightly different and seemed to enjoy the company. Despite finding that interesting, almost to the point where she wanted to quiz him on the cat’s origin, she held back. “That must be pretty nice though? I don’t actually have my own pet but I know I’d want one that likes being around me and wants to go out.” It was always funny to think that she didn’t actually have her own pet when they kept and looked after so many but those were technically the shops and not her. Besides, getting attached to them did not help the matter one bit. “I am quite lucky though. I do get to spend a lot of time around creatures which is almost like having a pet. I think?”

With a nod and smile, she simply nodded towards some of the plants that were starting to sprout up around them as the winter cold slowly started to subside. “There’s some really cool patterns around here when you look really close at things but I guess you’ve got to really kind of…stop and look,” which a lot people didn’t really do. “I really enjoy designing patterns for clothes. Like dresses and different things, y’know? I’m still working on actually putting them on things though,” she continued, aware that she didn’t actually spend much time with Evan despite them being in the same house and the same year. Suddenly feeling slightly more shy than previous for some reason, she quickly turned her attention to the route they were walking.
His previous experiences with cats had been primarily Jinx, who was chubby and far preferred to laze around on the back of the sofa or in his cat bed rather than show any interest in any form of activity, especially walks with one of his humans. The pups on the other hand? Having an Australian shepherd had certainly insured plenty of walks. Pascal was forever a game of hide and seek. Though none of those had been his pets, Pads was the first who was his. "It is. She's my first pet and I only got her over the summer. But having to add the walks to my schedule and getting to explore more with her has been really nice. I feel like I've seen more of the grounds this term than I ever had before." Hearing she got to be around a lot of creatures regardless though certainly peaked his interest, an eyebrow raised a bit as he decided to go ahead and ask. "That sounds like a nice set up. Does someone in your family work at a shop or the zoo or something?"

He followed the head nod, looking towards the plants she had pointed out and pausing to look at them as well. It was nice to see such a mundane looking plant still out and surviving on Hogwarts grounds. It gave some hope. "I've only just started trying to doodle so... I guess I haven't really stopped to look yet. But you're right. Even just the pattern of the veins in these leaves." He squatted for a second to look at it better, petting the cat as she came over as well. Hearing her mention her interest in design, he stood back up and glanced back over towards her, walking again. "Design? Did you assist with the designs as well then last term for the play?" He knew there had been a lot of opportunity for that as well, though he hadn't noticed who went where outside of his own grouping.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start