Thread: Study Hall
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

More valuable would definitely have been an accurate assessment, at least coming from the viewpoint of someone who already liked magic and wanted to be able to use it in a lot of different areas of life. But for Evan... he still didn't love it as much as he had as a first year, so finding charms like the tattoo and graffiti charms were invaluable in him learning to accept that part of himself again. He was getting there, more and more every day, and truthfully this term had so far been the most helpful. Which was perfect timing given the fact next year would be dedicated to nothing but studying.

All day. Every day.

He looked over at the book when Daniel showed it to him, looking over it as he gave a nod in agreement. Being able to fix things was definitely helpful. There wasn't much he had to worry about in terms of using it at school, but once he was 17 it was sure to come in handy. And that was only two years off. "It's definitely handy. It'll be a good one to have perfected for once your seventeen and can use it freely outside of school."

What kind of tattoo? Truthfully, it was not something Evan had considered. For his practice he had gone for things that had meaning to him, but that had been because it would be easier to make characters for words over displaying his poor drawing skills. "Oddly, I think I just want something aesthetically pleasing. Maybe a squid or something like Sir Henry, or maybe something else entirely because of the artists work. I want it in black ink though." He didn't much like the look of colored ink, not for his own body anyways. "It depends on the artists at all those places when I'm old enough. And I have to do some more reading about the moving ones, because I do have concerns." He'd LOVE one, but what did a muggle see if they saw it? Did it appear to be standing still? He had a lot of muggle family and it would be uncomfortable having to explain that away to those who didn't know about magic.

.... aaaah. This one really was a prickly badger, wasn't he? Evan made no outward reaction to the eye roll and tone. While the duh had not been said, it certainly did seem implied. He wasn't offended though, if anything he was curious. How was it Lisa and Daniel had gotten on such good terms? He decided to just shrug at the words. "Reading is a good place to start, but you can't really get a good grasp on the spell until you at least try it. Failure just is one step closer to a success."

Not that it wasn't one incredibly frustrating step. He hated it himself.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start