View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 03:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
The wait for Professor's to invite in never seemed to be long whenever Evan needed to seek one of them out. And this visit to Professor Carton was no different than the others. He'd just replaced his quill when he could hear the invitation and the door swung open. Evan gave a small smile and stepped through the now open door way.

The first thing he noticed upon stepping in, was there was a photo facing towards the door and not towards where Professor Carton sat at his desk. It seemed to be him smiling, perhaps with a partner or spouse, but it was puzzling to see it as a greeting instead of towards the Professor. But to each their own. Moving eyes back up from the photo, he adjusted his bag as he stepped towards the desk. "Hello, sir. Happy Holidays."
Norman returned Nam’s smile with a slight, albeit forced, one of his own. As his eyes followed the boy into the room, he caught him looking at the photo facing outward on the desk. He braced for the inevitable question about the woman in the photo that he was sure to follow, but to his surprise, it didn’t happen. Not yet, at least. He blinked, jerked out of his thoughts as the boy spoke. What did he say? He was so distracted by the thought of having to explain what happened to his wife that it took him a moment to register. “Happy holidays to you as well, Mr. Nam,” he replied.

His eyes darted from Nam’s face to the chairs in front of the desk and back. “Do sit down,” he said, motioning toward the chairs. He sat back in his own chair, absentmindedly twirling the silver wedding band on his left ring finger as he waited for the boy to get settled. “What was it you wanted to ask me?” he asked, though he already had a pretty strong suspicion what it was.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...