View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 10:25 PM   #49 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet eyed her white card--just her luck to pick something that had no definite directions, so now she'd have to choose. Which was often hard for her, because she tended to see both sides of most things.

When it came time for her to speak, she said "I don't think it can be denied that at times in history there have been actions that could be deemed 'corrupt' that came out of the Ministry. But I think it's a mistake to speak of an organization as 'corrupt' or 'not corrupt.' The Ministry is not an entity in itself, it is made up of people. It is those individuals who do things that are corrupt or not. At times, the people running the Ministry have acted wisely, or at least for the common good, and at other times some individuals have achieved power within the Ministry and used it to further their own corrupt ends.

As long as there are people involved, there will be some who will act corruptly, which is why I think it is important not to give absolute power to any one entity, as some have often wanted to do in the name of efficiency. But it is better to sacrifice efficiency than to put all the power and choices in one organization. And it is important for us to make sure the best people serve in our Ministry, to lessen the chance of corruption within it. Thank you."

Violet sat back down, feeling she had not really argued for or against Ministry corruption, but she felt satisfied to have had the chance to voice what she really thought for a change.