View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 12:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Older sister
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

How could Claudine not have worked with Ash? That Ravenclaw was sensible, talented at artsy stuff and downright comfortable to be around. She listened to Ash’s words then shook her head when the other girl was done talking. “Don’t worry about being repetitive. I think it’s a great idea to create a phoenix. It can represent someone pulling themselves out of a very dark situation.” Out of helplessness and so forth. Claudine was game for this idea.

“You should add flames at the bottom and depict the phoenix as it rises from them,” the seventh year suggested, highly enthusiastic about this project. “As for the writing, I can cover that.” Claudine’s handwriting was never bad if she said so herself. “I just need to find the right quote. Why don’t you get started on the phoenix while I brainstorm one?”

Claudine was possibly the best ever and Ash very very quietly adored her. Claudine didn't make her feel bad. Claudine made her feel happy, which was an uncommon emotion for her. So.

"I love phoenixes." Yeah, Captain Obvious. If Claudine had been to the the 4th-year Ravenclaw girl's dorm, she would have been easily able to figure out which bed was Ash's. From the phoenix drawings and the phoenix blanket and the phoenix hoodie and the phoenix... everything. (In Ash's defense, most of those things were gifts.)

"sure, I'll add the flames." She grinned. "Can't have a phoenix without any flames." Which came first, the phoenix or the flame? The common room would say something dumb about circles. Ash would say the flame came first... after all, you could have a flame with no phoenix, but you couldn't have a phoenix without any flames.

"Make sure the writing has something to do with no longer being in a dark place full of suffering and stuff, just like you said. I like that interpretation." It was perfect. And it meant something to her especially, so it wasn't like they were writing something she didn't believe. "Pingaerosol black." She very very carefully made an outline for the phoenix... and NO she did not get spray paint all over her classmates. Pingaerosol... gosh, what color red to pick?

It looked like they were both brainstorming now.