Thread: Ministry: Adventure Course Celebration
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 03:23 AM   #34 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: hi friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Charles had been floating around here and there, greeting an employee or two as he did so and debating whether or not his refined (not old) joints could handle taking on the adventure course above. Was it any surprise to those who knew them that there was a curious twinkle in his eye as he looked up? But, alas, for now the Minister would remain grounded until he could convince Genevieve to be his partner to take on the course - he knew it would be pointless to attempt without his favorite bodyguard and right hand woman.

Speaking of favorites...his granddaughter ought to be among the crowd gathered her today. He had debated long and hard about placing her in his own office for employment, but ultimately felt it would be a cause for too much discussion. Besides, Isabel would take better care and set his granddaughter on a stronger trajectory working in the greenhouses than Charles could in his office with mostly desk work or working in public relations. Still, he did hope to spot her and do a bit of a casual check in with her to see how her first month was going.

Actually...perhaps he would simply make his way over to his newest department head to check in with her. Two fwoopers, one stone. So off Charles went to speak with Isabel, who was accompanied by a Games and Sports employee he recognized during all those times he had made an excuse to go visit the level to see Victoria on errand. "Ladies, I trust everything is finding you both well," he greeted with a boisterous smile. "The smells bring my back to my younger years when I lived in Japan and worked for their Ministry. If you have not yet savored the takoyaki, I highly recommend you do. One of my personal favorites...and you simply have to give the mayonnaise a test. Very different from the Western variation."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Upon making eye contact with the G&S department head (Peggy), Isabel returned the wave and a nod. She thought level seven did a great job co-leading the event - she hoped to get a chance to plan an environmental themed orientation in the future!

While she had also hoped no one saw her little stumble, Izzy was still grateful for the younger employee's (Rosemary) friendly question. "Yes, I'm good, thank you. Apparition has never been a strength of mine, ooPS!" she smiled and waved her hands about casually. What she said was a lie, as she was usually good at Apparating, but she thought it would be unnecessary to scare the woman away by ranting about old age affecting her balance.

Speaking of old, ah, there was Minister Hollingberry, his boisterous smile cheering her up as always. "Yep, doing great, Minister. I will have to try the takoyaki, there's such a variety that I couldn't decide what to eat. Would the both of you like to join me at the food table? I'm Isabel, by the way, from the environmental department," she introduced herself to the helpful lady from earlier.

She was actually itching to get up there and try the course above, especially as it seemed more people were making their way. But in truth, it was probably something she should realistically save until the end of the event. Check on the woman for now, perhaps grab some food after and then up to where Peggy, Lucas and other of her level seven colleagues were to see if she could give them reprieve's. Only then would she indulge in what she most wanted to do. An odd order of events for her, who usually put desire above all else but sometimes personal growth and responsibility was a necessary evil. Only had taken her nearly 30 years to learn that.

Rose was surprised to see Minister Hollingberry approaching, but she turned to offer a smile and a polite greeting. She wandered if he really enjoyed these events, or if they were just a tedious work event. He certainly seemed quite full of life and like he was happy to be here. And seeing him with her old department head, it was clear they currently had a very kind minister. "Hello, sir. Your faith is not misplaced. It's a beautiful day, how could we not enjoy it?" She offered a bright smile, before inquiring on his health as well. "And you, sir?"

His follow up did surprise her though - when in truth it shouldn't have, as the information was probably previously available on Hollingberry's history but... despite working in this ministry, she hadn't looked much up on the man. Perhaps she should - it was good to know who you ultimately worked for. "What department did you work in previously in the Japanese ministry?" She was suddenly rather curious regarding his background, perhaps that came with the recommendation of food which she tended to take rather seriously. Her father's influence, she was sure.

Oh, she was quite glad the woman was fine, and upon hearing so Rosemary directed her smile to her. "Always easy to stumble when your world was literally spinning two seconds prior." She'd argue it was more difficult at times to not. As the other two conversed, Rose considered excusing herself to head towards the food table in order to grab some of the recommended snacks - mayo included - when she focused on conversation again to hear the woman ask if they would like to join her that way. The level seven employee nodded her head, "Would love to. The smells wafting from over there are absolutely divine." She was unashamed of being a foodie. At the introduction, she offered her hand to Isabel - which she now recognized the name as the new department head. "Oh, yes! It's a pleasure to meet you, Isabel. I'm Rosemary Scardino, from Games and Sports."

Which on that note, her eyes flitted once again towards the rest of her coworkers just to see the line and interest so far in the demonstrations. She was a bit taken aback at seeing the familiar face of bug boy - wait... no, that wasn't right, that was a law enforcement employee. Was that one spider man? The guy who certainly knew a lot about bugs but was apparently not an expert. She'd thought he'd just been visiting, so she made note to say a greeting later as well.

And hopefully remember his name before doing so.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start