Thread: Ministry: Adventure Course Celebration
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 01:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Jake was not exactly in the sort of mood best suited to a day like this. Not because of the nature of it - actually, he very much enjoyed the outdoors, and being active, had worked in teams for a long time, and was by now extremely used to mixing with others (reasonably well too). Very much the extrovert. No, nothing to do with that.

It was the kids. Always the kids. The situation was better than it had been only a couple of weeks ago, in that at least he had one back home again, and had spoken to the other, in a sense. Still not ideal, still walking a proverbial tightrope; one still clearly struggling, and the other still missing, as far as he was concerned, and Merlin only knew how the boys were handling things at school. Felt all kinds of wrong just being here, even though there was unlikely to be any progress he, personally, could make elsewhere. And this being his... uh... job, and everything.

Brushing his raffle ticket over his knuckles, Jake glanced at his watch for the twenty-seventh time and tried not to look as preoccupied as he was, only succeeding in wearing a much more serious frown than usual. He stood a short distance from where the food was laid out, trying to decide if he was hungry enough just yet, when a question from one of the Ministry employees (TiaMarie) caught his attention.

That was something he could answer, and Jake forced his expression to clear (suddenly having become aware of the frowning situation, yikes) before responding. "There's a slim chance, I suppose, if one flew itself here. Nothing with winged horses is on the agenda for today, I'm afraid." Sorry to disappoint. Maybe one of the other employees had flown here via winged horse; you never know. The Ministry hired all sorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Having eschewed all modes of transport considered normal for wizards in favor of his newest acquisition, Ronan was now looking for a safe place to park the 'monstrosity' as he'd heard others call it. Sure, it was huge (and he'd admit, hard to maneuver at times) but it was very practical in situations like this. Plus, it was a classic!

Finally spotting a good place, he parked the vehicle a few feet behind the food table and stepped out (more like, sort of jumped out, but whatever) into the cold February air, declining the offered raffle ticket. He just wasn't that much of a Quidditch enthusiast, despite what having a child with one of the players might suggest. No, he was here because of his job as an auror.

Approaching the food table, he greeted [Jake with a "Hey! Did someone forget the heating charms?" Or, how crazy having an event outside in the middle of winter was? "That thing can move across the ground like a winged horse, though!" he added motioning towards the vehicle he'd just come from and winking at the woman who had apparently asked about the creatures. He had no clue if it really could or not, having never been on a winged horse that he could remember, of course. But, it could go fast......and it had a radio/music player and leather seats, which you couldn't say about any horse- winged or otherwise.

Tia turned around when one of the officials - the Law Enforcement Head not that she knew that yet had answered her with disappointing news. "Suppose dragons aren't ---" she paused trailing off, her attention drawn away from the head at the arrival of a muggle vehicle instead. Eyes widening when some unfamiliar wizard stepped out, she turned back briefly to the Law Head as if to say 'uh nevermind' and then back to the guy with large vehicle.

"And it's got heat too? So what's it gonna take to get a ride in that thing?" She batted her lashes at him flirtatiously. "Wait..... does it ... did you make it fly!?" She had read of wizards in history tinkering with muggle cars to make them fly, so it wasn't completely absurd of a question.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.