Thread: Ministry: Adventure Course Celebration
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

And there goes his beloved wife, Sophie. A month after the opening of the Ministry, Mordred was still trying to get into the swing of things. It was nice, he thought, that the Ministry opted for a normal welcome to the new employees a month ago, but what he did not expect was the mandatory mingling that they had to endure in the middle of nowhere, and during the coldest month of the year. It took Sophie the usual coaxing, and thanks to Merlin he agreed. While none of the activities actually interested him, he knew his eldest son would've been stoked just by being there, especially that the theme of the gathering had something to do with Quidditch. Noah, too, was not the kind to mind the weather. As long as it was an outdoor activity, he would be game. If said activity involved flying: on a broom or the free-falling kind, or anything that was life-threatening (to a degree), then better. How he sired such child, all the more mysterious.

Discreetly, Mordred followed where the food was stationed, opted for a hot cup of coffee, and went about his (not so) merry way towards the broom exhibition. The dragonologist failed to appreciate the broom as he was not an enthusiast, but for the sake of his child who wanted to go professional in Quidditch, he wore an assumed mask to make him appear interested.

While doing so, he took note of the others who were there too. People he didn't know...and wasn't sure if he wanted to know, and Ms. Peggy Laplace. Ah, there. A very familiar figure on account of family connections and their common love for wizarding chess. While Mackenzie was a regular in Ministry held tournaments, it was his grandfather who first established the connection. As a Grand Master and patron for the sport, it was inevitable that they will be acquainted, at the very least. Not wanting to disrupt her conversation with the others, Mordred kept to himself, quietly accepting the raffle ticket that was offered to him, looking at it over in his hand.

---

Mid-bite into his onigiri, River slowly turned to the young man who decided to (sort of) full-name him, as if he was doing something illegal. Of course, it had to be that former student of his. One that he still did not expect to become an Auror. Miracles do happen, don't they? Grinning as he bit and chewed his snack, River tapped his brother on the shoulder and gestured towards the newcomer. "I thought so too," swallowing, "Ryden, I'd like you to meet my former student, now Auror, Mister Matthew Merriwether. Matt, this is my older brother, Ryden. Jace's dad, and our ambassador to Japan."
---
Ryden, too, turned when his brother's name was called. Ah, he did have his little friends, after all! It didn't take long for him to figure out the relationship between River and this rather charming fellow. His younger brother did have a short stint teaching at Hogwarts, which was quite a feat, he'd have to say. At the mention of Jace's name, Ryden smiled, dawning on him that this must be Mark? Marcus? That one kid who got Jace out of his shell just a tad. Ah! Matthew. "That may be true, but it would make a lot of difference if it had been Jace in my place. Or if Jace was the one who got us introduced. No offence, River." he said, gently slapping River's chest with the back of his hand. "It's a pleasure to have finally met you, Matt. Or, as how we say it in Japan, hajimemashite. I hope you don't mind me calling you without the honorifics." he said, holding out his hand for a shake.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.