Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 11:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"I mean, it might be a combination of terrible leadership, corrupt leadership, and the universe just being a hater and wanting us all to be sad."
"Or, maybe there's someone out there, in the Ministry or somewhere, trying to test us all for some reason," Violet added. But that was stupid--who'd want to take that much trouble over a bunch of kids. "I still think those Neo-Alliance people were idiots, taking all that trouble to capture a bunch of kids. And look where that got them." Still, Violet had been happier before she'd known there was so much evil in the world. That year had made her father's petty schemes look like children's games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Which was part of why she wanted to be a writer when she grew up. Writers didn't let things fade from existence....

"Can you make one of the friends a pureblood, and one a muggleborn?" Ash wasn't sure why she wanted that. She also wanted the characters to bond over their love of the outdoors and flowers, but that sounded stupid so she didn't bother to bring it up at all. Even though it was a totally great idea. "Maybe the pureblood keeps looking for their friend, but they can't find them cause their friend got sent to the room and starts refusing to talk to them. Or something. I don't know. Maybe." Or not. Really, whatever Violet wanted was fine. Since it was her story and all. "Can I read your story, when you're done with it?" She didn't care if she was the second person to read it or the hundredth. A story was a story. It sounded like a good story.
If Violet had known that Ashley wanted to be a writer, too, she would have become ecstatic. Which would probably have caused her to show some embarrassing and uncharacteristic emotions, so it was probably just as well that she didn't.

"Yes, yes, that's good!" Violet replied, getting excited talking about writing with someone who didn't act like it was stupid kid stuff (yes, Uncle Horatio, Violet is thinking of you!). "I'd thought of making one of them Half-Blood and one Muggleborn, but...Pureblood is better. Adds more conflict." Actually, Violet was thinking somewhat darker than Ashley's idea, maybe having the Pureblood friend join the Alliance for a while, until they realized how evil they were, and then trying to save their friend. But...maybe the friendship would never be the same? Violet was still not through thinking this through, and this last thought depressed her.