Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet was also becoming pretty scary when she was mad, only no one in her family had dared tell her so far. So it was just as well she and Ashley didn't become mad at the same time.

Listening to Ashley, Violet felt that a "good" year was too much to be hoped for; she would settle for a "not very dangerous year." But she grasped onto the other girl's last statement. "I'm starting to think it is planned, by someone. I mean, think of it--this many things couldn't possibly go wrong just by accident. I've been keeping track in my journal, and someday, I'm going to figure it out. In the meantime, though..." Violet paused and looked down for a minute, because she was a little shy about this and wasn't sure she wanted to share it with anyone yet. But still...since she and Ashley were talking so openly just now... "In the meantime, I've been thinking of trying to write a story. Not a newspaper story or anything, a short story, fiction, but using the castle as the setting and the events of the year the Neo-Alliance tried to take over as the background. It would mostly be about two friends and how everything affected them, but, you know, I could slip in some facts here and there. Because I think people ought to know these things, and they don't seem to want to talk about anything uncomfortable unless you sugar-coat it."

Violet had been thinking about this for a few months now. She'd decided that she was old enough to go beyond just writing down descriptions and observations and try to put things together into a real story. And then try to sell it. Because if she was really serious about being a writer, then she needed to get on with it. Even if she was a little afraid that she would find out she was no good at it.

"I mean, it might be a combination of terrible leadership, corrupt leadership, and the universe just being a hater and wanting us all to be sad." The universe decided to invent Rosier, and then nobody in the government had noticed or done anything about it for a whole year. Sure, not everyone was terrible and/or incompetent, but enough of them were that a whole school got traumatized forever. Ash did not exactly see very many apologies happening. Not to her. Not from the right people.

Which was part of why she wanted to be a writer when she grew up. Writers didn't let things fade from existence. It was true! Anthropologists knew tons about ancient societies from their written languages. If she could just write down what happened, then maybe... maybe... maybe it wouldn't be forgotten.

It looked like Violet was already getting started on stuff like that.

"Can you make one of the friends a pureblood, and one a muggleborn?" Ash wasn't sure why she wanted that. She also wanted the characters to bond over their love of the outdoors and flowers, but that sounded stupid so she didn't bother to bring it up at all. Even though it was a totally great idea. "Maybe the pureblood keeps looking for their friend, but they can't find them cause their friend got sent to the room and starts refusing to talk to them. Or something. I don't know. Maybe." Or not. Really, whatever Violet wanted was fine. Since it was her story and all. "Can I read your story, when you're done with it?" She didn't care if she was the second person to read it or the hundredth. A story was a story. It sounded like a good story.