View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 08:28 PM   #65 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet marveled at Ash Fox's sudden departure into poetic phrases. Music, and now this--the girl definitely had hidden depths. And immediately Violet found words rising from her own memory:

'As a pale phantom with a lamp
Ascends some ruin's haunted stair,
So glides the moon along the damp
Mysterious chambers of the air...'

Violet shook herself--this was no time for Wordsworth. Instead, she felt this called for clear visualization, and so she closed her eyes for a moment, until she clearly saw in her mind's eye the way the soft, magical light had looked shining in the night. Then, very softly, she cast the spell: "Lumos."

Look... Ash's brain was like a messy room full of books and folders and discarded post-it notes, and she never quite knew what she was going to find in there. Today, the answer was... POETRY! And ASTRONOMY! So she hoped Violet didn't mind those things. She paused with the singing for a bit. "I think it's working. Try making the light a tiny bit brighter. But just a tiny bit." The plant looked like it liked the light! "I wonder if this plant likes music, poetry, or reading books. Or... stargazing. I bet it likes stargazing." She smiled a bit as she imagined the plant having hobbies just like a person or a cat. Then she picked up the singing again. "You can keep the flower perfume stuff."