View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia smiled and gave the thestral one last gentle pat before moving backwards towards the door of the stall and carefully letting herself out. "I'll come by again tomorrow to spend some more time with you all, okay?" She liked to think that they cared about her visits and enjoyed her company. Securing the gate behind herself, she was then able to turn her attention more fully to her professor. "Thank you, I'm used to being around creatures of all types. My papa used to be the shopkeeper at the Magical Menagerie when we were really small and my older sister Hady is a Magizoologist. She's the vet at Scamanders. I also have a cousin that's studying to be a dragonologist." So the love of creatures was strong in her family.

Oh, there was no need to tell her this twice. This she knew from a very personal perceptive, like from the grasp of a mama dragons talons. Yet, Lia nodded her head without hesitation. "Like dragons." She replied, rubbing lightly at her shoulder without thinking about it. "I finished my homework already but I don't want to be a bother.. I don't mind helping though." Being around the creatures was one of her happy places.
"Oh, it runs in the family, does it?" Mia laughed quietly, not wanting to upset the Hippogriffs. "Sounds like you have big boots to fill." Boots, of course, to protect one's feet from being stepped on. Or from whatever gross things one stepped in, caring for creatures.

She paused. If Dahlia had already finished her homework, she wasn't going to ask her to leave. Deciding to change tactics slightly, Mia stepped away from the hippogriff enclosure. "You know what, why don't you help me take care of the winged horses. Then we can let them out, they could do with some fresh air today." As could she, even walking away from the hippogriffs she could tell it was time to muck out their area. Stinky.