View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 01:53 AM   #55 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
At first Violet interpreted the suggestion to 'remember the light because we are going to try to recreate it inside' to be some kind of touchy-feely meditation thing and winced inwardly--until she realized that Professor Flamsteed meant they were going to be working inside the greenhouse. Which was great, because she was tired of being cold now, however much she enjoyed being outside at night. After forming a clear mental image of the moonlight, Violet followed the other students toward the greenhouse, catching them up in time to hear Ashley asking for a partner and hurried to catch up. She couldn't remember the last time she'd worked with Ashley on a school project, or if they ever had, but she felt like they knew each other a little better this year and thought they might make a good pair. "Ashley?" she called out, panting slightly from her hurry. "I'll be your partner, if you like."

Ash grinned at Violet. Was she really happy right now? Nope! But Violet was here, and that put a smile on her face. "Yes, I would very much like that. I know what the moon looks like and everything."

...it looked pretty. But she ALSO knew how much light it gave off, since that was the relevant part.

"So do you wanna be the one casting lumos or do you wanna be the one singing to a plant and/or giving it words of encouragement?" She had a feeling Violet might wanna be the one doing the lumos charm. Although Ash could certainly help... lumos wasn't a hard spell after all, and she had pretty good control of the specific light levels.