View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Main activity starts here!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Individual replies ^_^
SPOILER!!: Blaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It wasn’t surprising that so many of her classmates leaned towards listing a tradition that stemmed from their own families. Claudine honestly felt a little uncomfortable because she couldn’t help, in that moment, to miss her family. She was allowed to even though a fair few of them were killers, right? Sigh. When did her life become so complicated?

Claudine kept her head down and worked on making her notes. Maybe one day she’d have traditions with her own family. She’d see what life had in store for her in that aspect. The mention of decorating had her brightening up, however. Christmas had always been her favourite holiday.

One spell immediately came to mind. She raised a hand. “There’s ‘Crystallus Decus’, the spell that transfigures a small amount of snow into ice ornaments.”

Right off the bat, Blaze was on the right track. Norman nodded, smiling slightly. “Excellent, Miss Blaze!” he said. “That spell can be incredibly useful when one has no ornaments on hand.” Or when one breaks one, as he was known to do on occasion back when he had a Christmas tree to decorate. Anyway, moving on...

SPOILER!!: Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash raised her hand very hesitantly. Because, um, her answer was a little strange. "I would put jars full of bluebell flames everywhere. Because, um, I like them. And I would conjure some winter flowers, because my brother likes those." She blushed and stared at her bracelets. Because no, she was not making it up. She would very much like to decorate like that.

"How come we can only use our wands?" Because if they were decorating the muggle way, Ash probably would have come up with a different idea.

Norman noted Fox’s hesitation as she raised her hand, but he was unsure why. There was nothing wrong with that answer. Granted, he wasn’t the most creative person in the world, but her vision sounded rather pretty. “Very good ideas, Miss Fox,” he replied. “I’d like to see that.” He thought she was finished speaking when she stared at her bracelets, but then she asked that question. “It’s just a hypothetical scenario to get you thinking outside the box, in case you ever find yourself in a situation where you want to decorate and don't have the materials to do it the muggle way.”

SPOILER!!: Mordaunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
"It is a fancy occasion, professor. Always have been in the family." the Mordaunts never liked their parties dull or simple. Lavish was the norm, even if it was just the usual family dinner, according to his dad. No wonder his father was so bored and so used to formal gatherings when everyone else in their family feel uncomfortable. He really can't speak for the women (because they seem to like dressing up), but for the boys... it was rather uncomfortable...stuffy, even.

Board games? Noah's face lit up with a grin because he's got an absolute fave. "Twister, professor. I like that one." And he's got more than one reason for liking it.

Anyway, back to class. "There's the Colour Changing Charm, professor. My mum's addicted to it." it was fun to see their dad's reaction every time their mum changes their house's interiors...it was as if he'd stepped in to a different house, look lost for a second, then goes back to doing his thing in his man cave slash home office which was off limits to that particular charm.

Mordaunt’s grin was returned with a slight smile from Norman. Twister… oh yes, he knew that game. He was never any good at it, but he knew it. The smile remained in place as the boy answered the next question. “Yes, a quick and simple way to decorate,” he said, “Very good, Mr. Mordaunt.”

SPOILER!!: Nichols
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Uhhhh. Valentina is a little confused to as to why they'd need a wand to decorate when they could just use their hands?? They could magic too, obviously, but isn't decorating a lot more fun when you actually do it by yourself??

Anywaaaay, she had no idea as to what spell could be used for decorating so she just remained silent - listening to her classmates offer their answers.

Norman glanced in Nichols’s direction, half-expecting the girl to say something. No? Okay, that was fine too. He didn’t mind quiet, as long as his students were paying attention. He shot the girl an encouraging look, just in case she had something to say and was holding back for whatever reason, and moved on.

SPOILER!!: Wolff
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
"Yep, to scare them into behaving!" Not that that had ever worked on her, even when she was younger. Dia had always only ever been repulsed by the Krampus.

Oh, so they were going to be doing some decorating. The higher-ups would love that since they'd been trying to get them to join in sprucing up the place all term. "There's Gemino, the duplication spell in case you run out of whatever you're decorating with." Or you accidentally miscounted and didn't buy enough. Not that she would know anything about that or anything.

Now here was a spell Norman hadn’t expected the students to bring up, but he was glad that Wolff did. “Correct, Miss Wolff,” he said, nodding approvingly. “That spell comes in handy for that purpose.”

SPOILER!!: Nam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Everyone was offering really good suggestions, the color changing charm a personal favorite since Evan did have schemes he preferred to stay with. He briefly felt like there was a Christmas conjuring spell specifically used in years previous to decorate the Great Hall but... considering he couldn't remember the incantation and was not 100% positive he wasn't just creating something in his head, he opted for a different one instead. Raising his hand, he waited to be called on before offering his own answer. "Epoximise can be used to bond items together. So if you needed a spell to use in order to create a popcorn garland or string of lights or even just to create long lines of ornaments, that would be a good one."

Especially in tandem with other spells already offered.

Here was another outside-the-box answer! “A very creative use for that spell.” Norman replied, smiling slightly. “Excellent, Mr. Nam.”

Once again, Norman glanced around the room, and seeing no more hands up, he moved on. “Excellent answers, everyone!” he addressed the group. “All of those spells can be used to decorate, but today we’re going to focus on the one Miss Blaze mentioned, Crystallus decus, and one other.” He paused for a moment to make sure everyone was paying attention before launching into the spell demonstrations.

“To cast Crystallus decus, you’ll need snow first, which I have up here -” With a wave of his wand, he levitated a box that had up until then been hidden under the staff table. Gently lowering it to the floor beside him, he reached inside to pull out a snowball. “These snowballs are kept cold with a spell, so there’s no need to worry about them melting.” He held the snowball up and aimed his wand at it. “Visualize your design for your ornament, and make sure to allow a way to hang it. You can visualize an ornament hook already attached or a hole where you can attach a hook or string yourself. When you have your concept in mind, make a circle around the snowball with your wand and say the incantation, Crystallus decus!

Norman demonstrated the spell, and a moment later, there was an icy ornament shaped like a flower, complete with a little icy ornament hook at the top, in his hand where the snowball once was. Did everyone get that? He gave them a moment to process the demonstration before moving on.

“The other spell we’re learning is Mediocris luminaria; this spell transforms fairy wings into fairy lights,” he continued. He levitated another box out from under the staff table and pulled out a vial of fairy wings. “In case anyone is worried, these were purchased from a reputable potion ingredient supplier.” With that little disclaimer out of the way, he opened the vial and took out a fairy wing. “The wand movement for this spell is a lightbulb shape like so -” He traced the shape of a lightbulb over the fairy wing. “Once again, visualize your end result, make the wand movement, and say the incantation, Mediocris luminaria!”

A bright yellow light emitted from his wand as he performed the spell. Soon the fairy wing was gone, replaced with a string of blinking blue and cranberry-colored lights. He set the lights aside and pointed his wand at the board. The following information appeared:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard

Crystallus decus
(Cry-stal-lus dec-us)
Wand movement: circle over target
Use: transforms snow to ice ornament
Note: Be sure to visualize a way to hang your ornament!

Mediocris luminaria
(Me-di-O-cris LU-min-AR-i-a)
Wand movement: lightbulb shape
Light: bright yellow
Use: transforms fairy wings to fairy lights
After a momentary pause, he went on, “Your task is to use these two spells to create as many ornaments and fairy lights as you can in the time allotted. Supplies are in the two boxes up front.” He gestured toward the boxes at his feet. “You can work alone or with a partner, your choice. The spell information is on the board, but if you still need help, I’ll be coming around. You have twenty minutes, starting NOW!”

OOC: Thanks for sticking with me so far! We’ve reached the main activity. Your students must collect their supplies (snowballs and fairy wings) from the boxes in front of the staff table and transfigure those objects into ice ornaments and fairy lights using the spells Crystallus decus and Mediocris luminaria, respectively. Partner/group work is allowed, but each person must attempt the spells to receive credit. You’ll have ABOUT 60 HOURS for this activity. As always, if there are any questions, feel free to VM/PM me.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...