Thread: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 03:13 AM   #43 (permalink)
Giant Squid
Other Characters
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bartholomew Henry
I like shiny things.

Goodness. "None taken." Bartholomew Henry was far too polite to say so (unlike some), but he probably wouldn't have chosen to look like a human either. Different wishes for different fishes.

Bartholomew considered the boy's question for a moment, looking about as pensive as a squid is capable of. "Not as yet," he said at last, rather decisively. The 'yet' was significant; he'd so far been thinking mostly of the other creatures in the lake losing their homes and food sources and such, but that was a good point too. If something was harming the plants, who was to say it wouldn't directly harm the creatures - himself included - too. "But I shall continue to observe, and take notes of my own."

But not literal ones. Bartholomew lacked the necessary conditions for parchment and quill writing, though he did have plenty of ink at hand tentacle.

At least it seemed as though progress was apt to be made regardless, with talk of professors and the like being fetched, or at least informed. No immediate solution, but Bartholomew Henry was relieved all the same. "Of course," he said to the boy speaking of phials and samples and looking at him in the manner of a woebegone grindylow. "Anything at all that may help." Bartholomew reached out a tentacle and unfurled it, expecting one of these phials to be delivered post haste.