View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 12:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
AlwaysSnapesGirl

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Responses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
He could see some of his other fourth year's sit on the bench as well, and while he debated offering greetings he was interrupted from this thought when his youngest sister plopped down next to him and huddled for warmth. Her complaint of being cold earned a small eyeroll, but it was more fond than anything. He removed his top scarf, wrapping it around Lisa to give a little extra warmth as Professor Applewood started the lesson. "That should tide you over until we're moving." He whispered to her, before turning his attention back to the lesson.

Wait. They were talking about camping??? This was certainly right up his alley. He actually grinned a little, before turning to look at Liss and catch Maya's eye as well. Camping was certainly something they knew about.

His hand raised in the air and waited to be called on. "We go camping every summer. Sometimes for the beach, sometimes in the woods. I've always enjoyed it because hiking is a great source of exercise and it gives a nice sense of solitude. It's quiet in the woods, and sometimes it's just you and some cute woodland creatures."
Rosalie nodded. "Excellent, yes. Hiking is a fantastic way to exercise, and the natural environment is also a great way to refresh your mind too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was thrilled that Heath and Claudine were sitting next to her. She smiled at them. Ash was NOT thrilled about camping, for various reasons. Were they going camping? Nooo. It was cold out. And camping sucked in general.

“I went camping once when I was seven and it was fine. It was an experience. But now, I would like to never go camping ever and if someone asked me to, I’d say no.” Helpfully, she didn’t explain WHY. She didn’t explain it cause she didn’t want to. She could bet that nobody here wanted to know why anyway. “I guess some people really like sleeping on the ground outside and making food with a campfire?” Ash couldn’t imagine why.
Rosalie smiled. "I appreciate your honesty, Miss Fox." No harm in admitting it was not something one wanted to do in one's free time. "Some people do enjoy those aspects of it, yes, good."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine watched as Ash greeted Professor Appleby then took a seat next to her. Observing the younger girl, she realised that Ash was off. Meaning that this wasn’t the Ravenclaw’s usual happy personality. Claudine moved to bump her lightly on the arm with an elbow. “You okay there?” Hearing Kinsay’s words, she turned her attention to the Gryffindor and Appleby. “I agree with Kinsay, professor,’’ she called nonchalantly, her breaths rising in little puffs before her. Thank goodness for Heating Charms. Speaking of… well, Heat with an H at the end… the Snakette smiled at the boyfriend. “Hi, you.” Good to see that Heath wasn’t frozen to a popsicle.

They would be moving around? Then there was a possibility that Claudine might need to lift the Heating Charm from her clothing. She’d see how that would go when that bridge popped up before her. The seventh year gave Ash a pitying look; it was sad the younger girl had negative experiences with camping. “It helps people get away from their everyday lives,” she volunteered, lowering her hand as she was called upon. “It can help them to be more relaxed and recharged.”
A hint of amusement glimmered in Rosalie's eyes, noting Miss Blaze's agreement with Miss James. She said nothing more though.

"It can, yes, good." She nodded. "Sometimes stepping away from our usual routines can be really refreshing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Cece leaned into Phoebe’s cuddle, offering her best a big smile as she wiggled her boots. ”That’s the best part about these. My friend toes are toasty warm.” Boots that looked cool and kept your feet from freezing? A major win in this seventh year’s book.

To be honest, camping was not what she’d expected to be learning about today. She’d certainly never gone camping in snow before, but she had plenty of other experiences to speak on. ”I like the whole sleeping under the stars thing best. Plus when you’re out in nature, you really talk with the people you’re with, you know? And you have to work together to set up camp. Camping is a good bonding experience.”
Rosalie nodded. "Great point, yes. It is often easier to give our undivided attention to each other when we're all out in nature together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Camping! Violet had never been camping, either with Wizards or Muggles. She had no idea what it was like, or why anyone would do it. But she hazarded an answer: "I guess maybe because they want to get away from things and people--distractions, you know."
"That's a great reason too, yes." Rosalie nodded in agreement. "There certainly are fewer distractions out in nature."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Camping. Margaret loved camping. Her family went, most summers. It was her favorite and she wished they could do more of it.

She would definitely be in favor of camping on the Hogwarts grounds, if that was allowed.

She raised her hand. "We go camping every year, too!" she said brightly. "Food tastes better and you sleep better when you're camping. I think it's because of the fresh air," she added thoughtfully. And maybe the exercise, too, like Evan had said. She didn't know that all those Nams liked camping too. "Plus, if it's raining, it's like a little nature lullaby."
Rosalie smiled. "I like the way you describe the rain." Falling asleep to the sound of rain was always a pleasant experience, so thinking of it like nature's lullaby made a lot of sense. "And all of those are very enjoyable parts of the camping experience, yes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Camping?? Valentina thought for a moment but nooope. Her family had never taken her camping. Summers were usually spent at the beach. She wasn't sure if it was her thing either... couldn't see herself enjoying it at all.

"I haven't gone camping but I think people like it because fresh air?? And also, to connect with nature in a way.
"Both of those are great reasons, yes, good." Rosalie nodded. Fresh air and connecting with nature were an important part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa offered Professor Applewood a smile and a nod and folded her arms as she was cold. Her chips chattered.

Evan was a really good brother, y’know??

She beamed as Evan wrapped her up in the scarf and then leaned into her brother for warmth. She wrapped her arms around his sides, squeezing him as she gave him a hug before standing up to pay attention to class. Lisa felt warmer already.

At the mention of camping, Lisa’s eyebrows shot up and she couldn’t help but the glance that Evan sent her way. SHE WAS SUPER EXCITED TO BE DISCUSSING CAMPING. She knew loads about camping because the Nam’s had gone so often. Well… the last time they had gone was to introduce their new adopted sister which didn’t go over so well……. Errr… and poor Noah had just come back from Hogwarts after losing a lot of wait. That was the start of skeleton-esque Noah. Fortunately he was okay in the end. Solana…. She missed. Camping brought memories of family fun as well as sad moments too…

Like Evan said, we go camping every summer. It’s fun and an inexpensive holiday. Cheaper than a hotel room,” she said, taking a business minded approach. “Camping can be fun but if you’re not fully prepared… it can be a disaster.
"That's an excellent point too, yes. It can be much cheaper than other ways to spend a vacation." Rosalie nodded. "And it is very important to prepared beforehand, yes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Camping? Camping could be the BEST, but it could also be the most miserable of experiences. Bugs and rain leaking in the tent and skunks and hot sun and bitter cold. Maybe more chance of misery than pleasure, but Phoebe had more than a few fond camping memories, at least.

"I like cooking food over a fire. I don't know why, but I think it tastes better."
Rosalie nodded. "I think that's a great reason. There is something unique about a campfire-cooked meal compared to a kitchen." Not that something made in the kitchen was worse by any means, but there was certainly a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath had just enough time to return Ash and Claudine's smiles before the lesson began. He turned his attention to the professor as she spoke. Oh, so preparedness and planning were important for today's topic? He wondered what that could be and - wait, what? Camping? Was that what they were doing? If so, Professor Applewood couldn't have picked a worse time of year for it!

As Heath heard the question, his thoughts immediately turned to the camping trips his family used to go on when he was a kid… back before his siblings and cousins all settled in their careers and moved away. It appeared that after so many trips, he'd have the whole camping thing down, but everyone else was so much better at it than him! At least camping provided some good stargazing opportunities. That was his favorite part - well, that and one other thing.

He raised his hand and said, "Some people like camping because it's a shared bonding experience with family and friends." He was too shy to tie that into his own camping experience, but he hoped his answer would suffice without it.
"Very true, yes." Rosalie nodded. "It's an excellent way to spend time with those you love." Definitely one of the best parts about camping, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
Jordyn watched as the rest of the students arrived. She wondered what they would be working on in their outdoor class. She had only given it a little thought when the professor called the class to order. When the first question was posed, Jordyn smiled. Camping. Yes, she had some thoughts on that subject.

The Hufflepuff raised her hand and when her turn came, she began to speak. ”I go camping with my mom sometimes. We go to the beach and the mountains. I really like camping. It’s fun and peaceful, being outside with nature……..but, it is definitely not as cold as it is here.”
"Wonderful, yes, there is something very peaceful about nature." Rosalie nodded. The tranquility of nature was a very special aspect of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Still suuuuuper cold, Kins didn’t look around too much while she waited for class to begin, though she did offer Cece a big smile as she walked by. Claudine got a big smile too. See? No one wanted class outside in the COLD weather. Why would Professor Applewood do this to them!? It was TORTURE.

Fortunately, Kins could redirect her focus on the discussion regarding camping, which helped her feel less cold. Funny how that stuff worked out, huh? She wasn’t going to question it… Mostly because she wasn’t thinking about it anymore. ”Camping is nice because you get to sleep with other people and not just alone.” Not that she slept alone at Hogwarts either, Emm and Kizzy still had their megabed. But at home she had to sleep by herself, so camping was a good alternative. "And sleeping bags are super cozy and keep in all the warmth even when it's cold... and snowing."

Here, she looked at her Professor with all the conviction. Did she get that? Warmth. Did Professor Applewood see what Kins was trying to hint at? Warmth. Did she have sleeping bags for them? Because. Warmth. As it turned out, Kinsay was still cold.
"An excellent point, yes." Rosalie nodded, a flicker of amusement in her eyes. "Sleeping bags excel at keeping a person very warm and cozy at night." So yes, the emphasis on warmth and cold was indeed noted.

Once there were no more hands raised to answer, it was time to continue on. The sooner they got through this short discussion section, the sooner they could move on to the more active part of the lesson.

"Great answers, everyone." Rosalie grinned. "You've touched on a number of the benefits and experiences that can be had while camping. We know it can be a great way to bond with your loved ones and to connect with nature through all the different opportunities it provides: hiking, cooking over a campfire, even walking along the beach, and numerous other activities as well. Nature has a way of helping us to find peace with each other and with ourselves. Understandably, camping during the warmer months is typically preferred, but those who are particularly adventurous also enjoy the great outdoors even during the wintertime.

"Of course, regardless of the season, it still may not be everyone's cup of tea,"
as Miss Fox had indicated, "and that's okay too. Either way, camping can be a great experience, but it can also turn out poorly without the right preparation beforehand, as Miss Nam pointed out." She gave the young Ravenclaw a nod. "So I want us to address some of those things. Camping at any time comes with potential difficulties, but doing so during the winter comes with additional challenges. What is one of the difficulties or dangers that you need to watch out for, either during the summer or the winter or even both?"

OOC: Thanks for the great responses so far, everyone! <3 Second question is up, and I'll move class along in approximately 24-27 hours!

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger